Breastworks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastworks???

I've seen period photos of the New Hope Church battlefield with breastworks in them, so am I to assume that there will be some sort of breastworks at the event?
    Thanks,
    Andrew Turner
    Co.D 27th NCT
    Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Re: Breastworks???

Andrew,

Since the event is on Georgia (first) state property I think we need to let either the event organizers or one of the rangers (I know James Wooten gets on the AC) give the word.

While participating in programs at the park I have used deadfall as cover if this helps.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Some of you may have noticed that the Federals have a Pioneer Platoon. One of their main jobs will be building breast works. As Mr. Coats pointed out we are on Park property so digging is out but there is plenty of material availible to use. Oh and don't think the CS forces are going to miss out on this fun. Read the period accounts.
      [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
      [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
      [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Andrew,

The Federal Pioneer Platoon has just a few slots left for young men, like you, with strong backs and....the will to work hard and the desire to experience something that we don't get at most events.

For anyone who is interested, the Pioneer Platoon's ranks will be filled very soon. Do not wait to send in your registration or you will miss this golden opportunity.
        PATRICK CRADDOCK
        Prometheus No. 851
        Franklin, Tennessee
        Widows' Sons Mess
        www.craftsmansapron.com

Aut Bibat Aut Abeat

Can't fix stupid... Johnny Lloyd

Comment

Being a Georgia Historic Site, NO digging is allowed at Pickett's Mill. Live trees cannot be cut down either for Breastworks or anything else.

However, dead fall is fair game and it can be used to build breastworks, fires( depending on the drought), cover, etc. as long as the breastworks are built correctly for the 1864 time period. The park has plently of dead fall and all we ask is that you don't hurt yourself trying to move the stuff.

I hope this helps,

James Wooten, Interpretive Ranger
          Pickett's Mill Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Thanks James,

I hope this answers everyone's questions.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Working...
            X