Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugle calls!

Gents,
    Matt Grubb of the Armory Guards has done us all a great service. Bugle calls can be heard at http://www.armoryguards.org/. All ya do is go to our research page and they are at the bottom of the list. This may come in handy for the New Hope event!
    Last edited by trippcor; 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM.
    Kiev Thomason
    a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
    WIG
    Armory Guards
    Forest Park Lodge #399
    Forest Park GA.

Re: Bugle calls!

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked them out. Very nice.
    Joel Phillips

Comment

Great job Matt! I'll be listening in formation, and hopefully knowing all of them.
      Regards,
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
      With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
      Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
      We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Very cool indeed..

cheers
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

The AG will have all the Drum calls one day.We are working on that too!
          Kiev Thomason
          a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
          WIG
          Armory Guards
          Forest Park Lodge #399
          Forest Park GA.

Comment

Sir, I was searching for drum calls and found this thread, am enjoying the link and look forward to the drum rolls. Thanks.
            Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
            Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
            Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
            www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Kiev,

Let me know how I can help on that. 19 years exp. + a little DCI Drum & Bugle Corps.
              Regards,
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
              With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
              Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
              We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

It is always interesting to hear a different bugler, and his interpretation of any given call compared to other buglers heard previously. Each has his own nuances and cadences. It makes it easier to understand that each regiment would have known the sound of its own bugler.

It might be helpful to those not as well versed with the calls/commands to also include the particular actions that some of the calls entail (change direction to the right/left), and the timing of when some calls are to be executed (forward = at the end of the last note).

It's one thing to know the calls, and quite another to know how to respond to them.
                Bernard Biederman
                30th OVI
                Co. B
                Member of Ewing's Foot Cavalry
                Outpost III

Comment

Working...
                X