Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizens Introductions

Hello!

Under Vicki's suggestion, I thought to post an introduction here for Westville, and hope that some of my neighbors will do the same!

My name is Emmaline Cherry and I live on a farm outside of town with my husband, Frederick Cherry. We have been married two years and have no children. My sister lives on a farm nearby with her husband and children. Her name is EllaKate Cherry (portrayed by Lora Woodward), her husband is Ezra Cherry. Ezra and Frederick are cousins.

We have both lived in this area all our lives and have good standing in the community. Right now, our husbands are out of town to make arrangements to sell our crop for the season. EllaKate and I are busy selling some of the surplus of garden crops to the townsfolk, a tradition we have done for years. Many of our neighbors come to EllaKate's house, which is closer to town, to buy or trade for vegetables and we are always glad to see them.

We are also looking to hire a hand to help us get the crop in this harvesting season. We expect a honest and hard worker and will pay a fair wage. Please direct any interested parties our way.

-Mrs. Cherry
    Stormi Souter

Re: Citizens Introductions

Good day!

I've just been employed by Mr. and Mrs. McDonald as their domestic. I'm rather new to the area as I've left my parents house. I'm hoping to make a new life for myself here. Should you need anything when you visit the McDonald house, just ask for Maggie!

Bevin MacRae
    aka Elizabeth "Maggie" Holt

Comment

What a fantastic idea, Stormi & Vicki! What a great way to get into the role!

My name is Virginia Gross, formally Virginia McDonald. My father is Mr. McDonald's cousin. I was recently married to Mr. Gross who is a lawyer, and we live in Washington DC - on the Virginia side in Arlington. With rumors of a secession, I wanted to visit my cousins, Mr. and Mrs. McDonald, while I still had an opportunity.

I plan to bring the lastest news and gossip from Washington DC as well as information on the latest frocks. I might even have a new silk ballgown corsaige from a Washington DC matnua maker for my cousin, Mrs. McDonald. :wink_smil

I am looking forward to spending time with my cousing and meeting some of the people in town. I heard there might be a Ladies' Aid Society for the sucession efforts that she is heading up. I suppose I can help out, not that I totally support the cause. (I am torn, because my family is from the south, but my husband is from the north.) Hopefully everyone will realize that this is not necessary and it's better for everyone to simply come to an agreement.

-Mrs. Virginia Gross
      Angela Harris

Comment

Also, when everyone signs-in they receive a hand written card that has their name, spouse, children ages, occupation and assets (if any were listed in the census). If you wnat to know this info ahead of time, you can email me and I will pull the card and reply. This info is also available on Ancenstry.com

I am portraying James Logan, age 34 from Lumpkin, GA (originally from NC). I am a Merchant and current PostMaster of Westville. Wife is Mary-29, children are Kramer-9, Anderson-6, James-3. Assets are $1800 preoperty/$32,000 other.

Regards,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

My identity crisis has ended. :) I'm finally, definitely, William (Willy) Lewis, 40 years old, and have been employed as a gardener for the McDonalds for a few years, keeping up their ornamental gardens and doing general repairwork for them.

I was born and raised in Georgia. My wife is Elizabeth, and we have a four-year-old son James. We rent a little home on the edge of town, but I'd rather hang out in town at the tavern when I have a chance, and figure that Mrs. Lewis doesn't mind because she's not all that overjoyed to see me when I do get home anyway.

Hank Trent
          hanktrent@voyager.net
          Hank Trent

Comment

Well, if we're going to be that specific, I guess the information I posted earlier is rather vague!

Having registered in January or February, I had done months of research into a character that was Irish-born and rebelling against her family and it's traditions. Trying to make her own way and competing with slave economy. But the name I was recently assigned kind of threw that out the window with it's English last name. And the census indicating there was a male in the household (husband? father?) and possibly several children. So now I'm not sure what to do with my character. But suggestions are welcome. I'd still like to be Hibernian if possible, but don't like the idea of being tied down to a family, even if he is off mining somewhere up north. So hence, not much info on Maggie at this point.

Bevin MacRae
            aka Elizabeth Maggie Holt

Comment

Sorry for earlier post, I think I've finally figured it out! And as you have all figured, I'm not good at introductions and I'm kind of scatterbrained. But anyway, I'll keep it short

Maggie Hogan
              age 20
              unmarried
              Irish American
              little to no assets to speak of
              working at the McDonald House as a domestic

Yes, the name changed. I'm back to my original persona before the name assigning and there it shall hopefully stay. Sorry for confusion! I guess I'm just so excited about this event, it's interfering with my brain function!
              Bevin MacRae
              aka Maggie Hogan

Comment

Hello, neighbors.

I am Thomas Zachough, tavern keeper. Originally from New York, but resettled in Georgia at my wife's behest.

She disapproves of my profession and of the low company I keep. She stays at home, leaving me to keep the tavern as best I can with my assistant and his teenage son.

I should be troubled by my wife's disdain and my own total lack of ambition, but I never seem to get around to it. Life in a small town is nothing like the big city, but it does have its pleasant aspects.
                Andrew Batten

Comment

Neighbors,
                  My name is George McKidd. I am 35 years old and I am the Sheriff's deputy. I was born in Georgia. My wife is Martha she is 33. She was born in Georgia as well. We have three children: Missouri 12, John 10, and Cera 8. I have lived in Stewart County all my life. Before becoming deputy, I worked as a carpenter. My wife and I have done well for ourselves and we are proud Irish Catholics. With the talk of secession, my wife and children have traveled with my wife's brother to her parent's home in Madison Springs. The Crocker family has a nice farm in Madison County.
                  My hope is their safe return as I serve the community and hopefully our state. I hope someday to serve our state in congress and promote state's rights as provided in our Constitution.

Best regards,

Geo McKidd
                  Attached Files
                  Greg S Barnett
                  Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
                  ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Hello!
                    My name is Louisa Singer, wife of Mr. Johan Singer (shoemaker and mechanic) and mother af Mary Singer aged 13. I was born in Germany and came over here with my parents, I met my husband up North but we have chosen Georgia as our home...
                    I have ten other children.... somewhere...
                    Mary and I are so looking forward to seeing all of our friends and neighbors this weekend. Mary will be attending school and I will be going about my daily doings in our home, the Singer House...
                    I also plan to show a few visitors our wonderful little town...
                    Your friend and neighbor,
                    Louisa Singer

The real me is so excited about this weekend... hoping to meet new people and return home with a few more friends... and very nervous, in a good way, about first person.... happy to docent so I can step into what comes naturally to me... talking :)

Hilda Manriquez
                    Hmanriquez@charter.net

Comment

Greetings Citizens

I, Daniel McKennon, am your duly elected sheriff of Stewart County. I’ve lived in the county for some years now and I dabble in farming when not serving as your law upholding sheriff. I like my county and town the way it is. Nice and peaceful. I’m an amiable fellow, I’ll always stop to chat with my fellow citizens and always feel free to stop by and speak your mind. If there are any problems within the town I or my excellent deputy will be more than happy to assist fellow townsfolk.

Daniel McKennon,
                      Sheriff
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

Hello.. I am 1st Leut William Richardson. I was wounded at Manassas and have returned to recover and rally the men of the county to our cause.

from Lumpkin, unmarried. You will find me either in the Tavern or the Drill Field...

Cheers,
                        1st Leut William Richardson
                        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Skip,

If you get there at a decent hour on Friday, find me. I'm going to try to put a new bottom in those socks of yours on the fly so you can put them back on Saturday morning.

Mrs. Stoker, down by the dyepot.........
                          Terre Hood Biederman
                          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am James Canady, Cashier of the Bank of Westville. During normal business hours I will be available to process financial transactions, including account withdrawals and deposits, purchasing of Bank Shares and even processing of short and long term loans and mortgages.

Originally born in Galway, Ireland in 1824. I served for six years in the 88th Regiment of Foot of the British Army, before running away during the Young Ireland Uprising and joining the crew of an Indiaman which allowed me a chance to escape the British Crown and travel around the world. I later jumped ship in Savannah in 1853 and determined to make a new life in the new world. I am currently 37 years old and have been the Bank of Westville's Cashier for less than a year.

After business hours I will be available to talk business and politics, as well as play bluff in the tavern...
                            Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Working...
                            X