Stuff at Westville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff at Westville

Disclaimer time... Jim said it was alright so that's why I posted this. If the AC mod skwad feels diffrent, please delete at your leisure.

Now, on to business.

With a request that I bring a few tables for use in different buildings at Westville, I willl have a few to take home after the event... unless someone wants to but said tables after the event. See where this is going?

I'll have 3 tables at the event. They are as follows.
    1- 4 foot long by 22in wide standing height (35 inches) painted black with fancy coping on the frame and stretchers. I'll take $125 for it.

1- 3 foot long by 22in wide sitting height (31 inches) stained (TBD) with fancy coping on the stretchers with hand carved hearts on the stretchers and a bead detail on them too. I'll take $125 for this one, too, due to the carving.

1-3 foot long by 22in wide also sitting height painted red with plain coping on the frame and none on the stretchers. This one os going for $90.

I'll most likely have a couple of hand carved washboards with me too (in the woodshop) if I can find the time to make them which might be part of what I do at the event while I'm not working on the coffin. I'll give a price on them after I see how much time I have in them.

Don't get this announcement wrong, I'm still not taking any new orders...sorry.

Chris Henderson
    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
    WIG/GVB
    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Re: Stuff at Westville

Washboard.

FIRST DIBS!

Where are my manners? Pretty please.....:tounge_sm
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

My dear Mrs. Lawson, I fear you must first relocate some of your belongings from your wagon before you acquire any more. Upon my recent observation, there was but barely space for your self!!
      Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
      Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Mistah Pete, :D

I have relegated my conventional buggy to town travel and have acquired a long bed wagon with an enclosed box for major journeys.

I finally got tired of changing out gear every time I change time periods, got something that will hold it all, and figure out what year it is and what I need after I get there.....
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic

Comment

So you replaced the newly acquired green connestoga wagon?
          That was always the philosophy with the Critters, bring all you got, we'll figure out what to wear when we get there....
          Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
          Old wore out Bugler

Comment

I am posting this for the Seamstress ladies at Westville...

Just a last minute reminder to all of you who plan to attend. If there is anything you wish us to bring in the way of Merchandise, from Originals-by-Kay, we must know by Wednesday morning for parasols & children's clothes, and by Wednesday afternoon for anything else. You can contact Kay at: kgnagey@aol.com Or Marta at: martaewsv@aol.com . We have a nice inventory of ladies' undergarments, corded petticoats, shawls, as well as outerwear, and children's clothing. Also china and glassware, and period appropriate plain whiteware soup plates and small bowls. Not everything is on the website, www.originals-by-kay.com so you will need to ask for specific items.

We look forward to meeting you all at #21, the Seamstress' s shop.

Catherine Holoman (aka Kay Gnagey)
            Mary Mercer (aka Marta Vincent)

Marta Vincent

Mrs. Vincent's Parasol Emporium
            Midwest Civil War Civilian Conference
            Jim Butler

Comment

Originally posted by csabugler View Post
              So you replaced the newly acquired green connestoga wagon?
              That was always the philosophy with the Critters, bring all you got, we'll figure out what to wear when we get there....
              Whoops--I forgot that you had recently driven the newly acquired green connestoga wagon.

Its even fuller now. Between the 'flying in, aint bringing nothin but my clothes' and the 'new folks, need loaners' I seem to have pulled out everything I own. At least for this time period.

You would not believe where the iron washpot is riding.

I am resisting the urge to cram a couple of big ol cotton baskets in there. Nobody's said anything about needing to borrow cotton baskets. Yeah, but it probably never occured to anyone that some packrat owns several......
              Terre Hood Biederman

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X