X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Winter 1864", February 2008

Originally posted by unionprivate View Post
    Im in. A good time shall be had by all.

Are you sure that's a wise idea with both Smith AND Ryan as commissioned officers? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Beirne View Post
      Are you sure that's a wise idea with both Smith AND Ryan as commissioned officers? :D
      Well, I have all the confidence in the world....I think. :D
      Mike Dudkowski

Comment

Snowing today for the first workday at the site for W64 2008. Perfect weather!

:p

Comment

w-64

What became of the winter 64 thread?

Pete smith
          [COLOR="black"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Peter C. Smith[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Hilton, New York

Comment

Re: w-64

It's a few threads down in this very same folder. How's that? :)

Comment

Re: w-64

Lanky, just for you -- here's a happy little thread merge. See you at the COI.
              [B]Charles Heath[/B]
              [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

For what it's worth, next site workdays are April 15 and May 19.

Comment

Boys,
                  The last time I saw Smith and Ryan together at W-64 , they were being
                  pellted with ice and snow balls for "robbing " the local farmer. Ham and
                  cabbage , as I recall. I'm in !!

Regards,
                  Skinner
                  Craig Schaeffer "Skinner"
                  140TH NY
                  26TH NC

Comment

Kevin and all,
                    What a raw work day. The only thing more depressing than the
                    weather was to see the damage done. The overall feeling was very upbeat
                    about the repairs. They "will" be completed soon, including the "CR" chimney.
                    A test run in two weeks, at the 140TH COI.
                    Craig Schaeffer "Skinner"
                    140TH NY
                    26TH NC

Comment

Craig,

Several of us are discussing offline what to do about the racoon family that's taken up residence in one of the huts. However, regardless of the action taken, they'll be gone or evicted by W64. :)

Comment

Sgt Ryan of the 140th NY made our membership aware of the residents inhabiting the hut. He stated that Scott Schotz would probably have somthin to do with eviction notice. In fact our company COI will take place on these very grounds and with any luck, they might find it conveniant to leave by then. Dont know if these were the gentlemen you referred to, but that is the info that I have to pass along.
                        Mike Dudkowski

Comment

I wonder if that Momma Coon remembers eating any frozen solid pickled eggs about 14 months ago? They'd have been pink, and encased in a block of ice....
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

The next event site workday is Saturday, May 19, 2007. Event committee meeting at the site that evening, and a day-long living history at the site for the local community on Sunday May 20.

Comment

I understand as of yesterday, there are "around" 15 slots left. If you've been putting of registering, I'd say it's not itme to rush. The link:

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
                              Past President Potomac Legion
                              Long time member Columbia Rifles
                              Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure, Grumpy's a company commander at this event. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X