Assignment of Historical Soldier Portrayals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignment of Historical Soldier Portrayals

FYI, the first cut at "first-person assignments" (i.e., giving each registrant the name of, and some basic info on, a soldier from the 151st NY in the company to which the registrant is assigned for the event, is complete. The first-person assignments and the info that we have available for dissemination will be distributed to all registrants in the evening of December 27. The info will be sent out via e-mail direct to each registrant, and will be posted on the event website.

Participants are encouraged to use their "first-person name" throughout the event--for roll calls, in conversation, and otherwise--and for the event's mail call. First-person names will be used on all company and battalion paperwork prior to and during the event... so know your first-person name! :)

Registrants are also encouraged to do additional research on the man you are to portray. This can be done in several ways, including exploring Internet resources on the man and the town where he enlisted, and even acquiring his service or pension file from the National Archives and Records Administration.

Personally, I'm portraying Capt. Hezekiah Bowen, 151st NY Co. A. This is the same guy I portrayed at W64 2006, when the men reportedly referred to me as "Ol' Zeke". :)

Let the work on the mail call commence!
Working...
X