X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living History Richmond Kentucky

Living History Opportunity
    Richmond KY August 23 – 24, 208

Last year the folks at Richmond Battlefield, through Phil Seyfrit the Madison County Historic Properties Director, offered a unique opportunity for a Living History venue within their annual reenactment. We were given a designated living history area. This year we have been again offered the same opportunity. I am offering the opportunity to participate in this year’s living history scenarios. This venue offers a wide variety of impressions – we are mainly looking for officers impressions that would surround Bull Nelson’s headquarters at Richmond with the Army of Kentucky. There is also an opportunity for NCOs and enlisted men to stand guard mount and various other workings of a functioning headquarters staff. This also opens another door – within this area there are opportunities for laundress, cooks, aide societies etc. Civilians who have functioning and appropriate impressions are welcome. Those of you attending will be able to burn powder and participate in the event fully if you so desire. Last year we had a great time and it proved to be an authentic experience in a relaxed atmosphere with full bellies. If you are interested in attending please contact me.

Your Pard,
    Chad Greene
    Chad Greene

Re: Living History Richmond Kentucky

I'm looking forward to it. The kids are going to be part of the play at the Rose Barn Theatre depicting the family who lived on the farm. We've wrangled a lovely Originals exhibit, too.

See you soon.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
    Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

Re: Living History Richmond Kentucky

Chad,
      On Sunday morning,I may come by and "surrender" for some of Joan's fine breakfast.I look foward to seeing you there.
      Cullen Smith
      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
      X