Boonesfield registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boonesfield registration

Those of you who are coming to the Missouri State Guard event, Nov 7-9 should get your registrations in as soon as you possibly can. The event is already slightly over-subscribed so time is of the essence. First come, first served. The reg form is attached below.

Please note change: we're asking everyone to register by mail because the Star of the West Society is now handling the reg fees for Lindenwood University. Please fill out the registration form and include a check made out to The Boone Village, as directed on the form. Registrations must be postmarked by October 18, 2008.

Those of you who are interested in attending Boonesfield events, please join our yahoo group.

News flash:

I just now received word from Lindenwood Univ. of a slight change to their registration procedure. They would like to have the checks made out to THE DANIEL BOONE HOME, not The Boone Village. I've changed the reg form to reflect the new name. Sorry about any inconvenience this may cause!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Silvana Siddali; 08-19-2008, 09:39 AM. Reason: late breaking news
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: Boonesfield registration

Silvana,

My form is all printed now I'll have to get in the mail...... fast:p
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT]
    Charlene Staples
    Delavan, WI

Citizens of The Old NorthWest
    Boonesfield Village
    Lost Tribes
    Bummers

Comment

Not to be sour grapes, but isn't the 2008 schedule already a bit crowded to be adding more events this late in the game? Just curious?

Jim Butler
      Jim Butler

Comment

Why Mr. Jim? Thinking about attending? Just curious?:)
        [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
        ETHC
        [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
        [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

Jim,

While all are more than welcome, this event is geared more to those of us on this side of the big river in MO, IA and some IL. We even get a cheesehead down this way now and again. We've been doing things at Boonefield for a while and this has been discussed since early spring amongst us. It is a great opportunity and place to do civilian, state and home guard etc. and for those of us who can't make the trip to Westville because of other events or distance, it makes a nice compromise. I don't think it will cause any problems as far as confliction with other events.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Michael,

Point well taken. I apologize if I seemed snappy and there is no hostility, just frustration. It was a sincere question, with no malice intended. There wasn't anything posted on the AC about Boonesfield prior to this that I saw nor on any other communications/forums. Thus with only 60-90 days notice, it isn't much notice or time for folks to change or move existing events. With Stones River COI, Westville, Fort Negley, Marmadukes Raid, Chickamuaga LH and a whole host of other events in the same time frame (Tier 2), I just felt it added more confliction to an already crowded c/p/h event schedule for the remainder of 2008. Wouldn't you agree that to be true? Recently, there was a long thread on the AC about event deconfliction and it seemed the debate got heated (I was not involved, but read along in agreement). I just think we are so spread thin at sooo many events, we can never make a concerted effort at one. I guess there is an 800 lb gorilla in the room and I feel like I am the only with courage enough to point it out. It is frustrating when you are one of the organizers who falls victim to the shadows of late arriving events that stack upon others that have be visible and planned for some time. No harm and no foul, I hope y'all have a great event. The fact that we have active quality reenactors is a blessing, just wish there were more of us. Conflicting events are hurting the c/p/h wing of the hobby. Not because we don't agree or share the same vision in the hobby, it is because we stack on to many GOOD events.
            I apologize if I seemed mean. Unfortunatley, the internet does not allow for asking sincere questions without seeing intent, tone or inflection clearly.

Regards,
            Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Mr. Butler, This event has been public at least since May. Please see this thread: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ht=boonesfield
              That doesn't seem very last minute to me.

People who attended last fall have been planning on it since last November. Maybe since it's primarily a citizen's participation event it didn't pop to the top of the list for a lot of people.

Trish Hasenmueller

Comment

Jim,

I, personally, did not take your post in any negative way at all and understood where you were coming from.
                Michael Comer
                one of the moderator guys

Comment

This is just a quick reminder for everyone who is currently on the invitation list for Boonesfield: the registration deadline is October 18. If you are on the invitation list, please go ahead and mail in your reg form and fee this week. We just posted a final updated list of all participants today, on the Boonesfield Village yahoo list.

I wish we could have kept registration open for a while longer, but I'm afraid space is so limited that we have had to start a waiting list. The event is already over-subscribed. We would like to encourage everyone who is interested in attending a future event at Boonesfield village to join the yahoo list.

In any case, everyone who wants to come to this event must register before the deadline. We have to provide a list of attendees to the University in advance of the event, partly for insurance purposes. We won't be able to accept late registrations and we do ask that you check the invitation list before mailing in your reg. Thank you very much for understanding. This is a historic site and we have to be careful not to place too great of a strain on these buildings and interiors.

Info about registration, forms, invitation list, etc., can be found on the yahoo list.
                  [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
                  [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

To all the men attending. Please bring more than a cup and spoon to eat with. You will be getting Thanksgiving dinner etc and I am not dishing up turkey and plopping it in a cup. Please bring a plate, bowl and cup. You will also need a knife fork and spoon. We will be eating with ladies and hands just wont be acceptable.
                    Cheers
                    Terry Sorchy

Comment

All,
                      I am having some trouble with the Yahoo Groups site for the November event so I will post this here as well as try to send a copy to Silvana so she can post on the Boonesfield Group.

Those of you that are trying your hands, and lungs, at Sacred Harp next weekend (November 7-9) will want to read this short primer I wrote on the shaped note tradition and some rudimentary rudiments in preparation. I will also be posting scans of an 1869 edition of the Sacred Harp on the Boonesfield Group for you to print off (the pages will be the songs we are going to try) and some links for listening to shaped note music.

Thanks and enjoy.
                      Please e-mail me at: mchenrytf@yahoo.com or PM me on the forum if you have any questions.

Matt Shomaker
                      Attached Files
                      [B][COLOR="Navy"]PVT. Matthew Shomaker[/COLOR][/B]
                      [I]Proud Missourian[/I]
                      "Here there are no forces to fight but a few hundred bushwhackers that will lie by the roadside in the swamp, and I believe they would murder Jesus Christ if they thought he was a Union man."
                      [COLOR="Red"]
                      Marmaduke's Raid
                      MSG Returns to Boonesfield Village
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X