Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Event Deconfliction

AC Members:

We have what we think is an exciting announcement to make tonight. There have been many discussions about deconfliction, scheduling events, and low turnout at events. The one major productive theme that came out of these discussions was the need to deconflict the EBUFU Event Schedule. The most prevalent method to accomplish that goal was to somehow do it on-line. With this in mind, we think that we have something that we can't guarantee will solve the problem, but will at least create a more streamlined way to do it right here at the AC - the home of Authentic Events.

First, I have been re-arranging the event folders tonight to make them more stream-lined. The Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 structure has been removed and replaced with a simpler structure:

YEAR (2008, 2009, 2010)

- EBUFU Events
    - Mainstream Events with an Authentic Adjunct

Within the EBUFU Events folder for each year, there will be a maximum of 6 events that will be given their own folder. In 2008, there were 9 events with their own folder. If you look at the dates, you can see how this led to problems. By sticking with a maximum of 6 "Approved" events, it will allow the you and your organization to better-focus your attention on fewer "max effort" events and allow us to make sure that these events are scheduled not to conflict with each other - Quality over Quantity as they say. By all means, if you are planning an event in 2009 or 2010, you can begin posting in those folders. The earlier you get the information out, the more you can see what kind of response it gets.

Now, the tough part - How will we select the six "Max Effort" events for each year?

Anyone who is interested in obtaining an event folder for a given year will need to submit to me the specifics about their event including the "Who", "What", "When" "Where" and "Why" and I will post it in the AC Focus Group private folder for consideration. Events will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the six slots are filled, that's it - those six will get a folder. All other events for each year can still post announcements in threads below the six folders just as it is done now. In the Adjunct folder, there will be no specific folders for events unless the interest and numbers for the event warrant a folder.

The first task of the AC Focus Group will be to select the remaining 4 slots for the EBUFU Events of 2009. Right now, Piney Woods is listed for March and Bummers is Listed for November. If you have an event that you would like to submit for 2009, please send me a PM through the AC.

To insure that different regions of the country are represented, we will be adding additional members to the focus group. We will contact those people directly.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner
Working...
X