1864 Trial Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1864 Trial Event

While I know that this is civilian, and not military related, I am posting this here because another one, two or more male civilians would be nice to have, and I don't know how many of the gents look at the civilian forum.

Where: Fort Hill, Frankfort, Kentucky.
    Date: August 10-12, 2007
    Organizer: Linda Trent
    Event Type: EBUFU – Civilian Immersion – strict 24/7 first person action/interaction event – non-spectator event.
    Event website: http://cw186165.homestead.com/TrialIndex.html

Needed for this event: A few good men, of any social and economic status – this is a non-military event. The more men the merrier!

This event will be held in a inn that has been set up by Nicky Hughes (excellent material culture!). We will be running the inn again as we did last year (The Inn at Peak's Mill event) – the staff will be working their behinds off not only dealing with the guests, but also with having to work around the court. There will be three full meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday, that will be prepared and served by the inn staff; the court will recess around the meals. All meals will be typical of a Kentucky inn and based out of the Kentucky Housewife.

This will be a murder trial, based upon the pre-trial event that was held in March at Brown's Stand. We will have a real lawyer portraying our judge (Rob Carter), we also have a defense team (Matt Rector and Brian Pennington our defendants and Hank as our defense lawyer), and prosecution (Mark Hintzen), we also have witnesses, but can use any additional men for jury duty. The attorneys will argue their cases and the jury will make a decision based upon the evidence presented during the weekend. The entire weekend will run in real time, and will be based upon the actual laws in Kentucky in 1864 (this will not be a vigilante hang 'em event).

There is one common room available, plus hallways, and the tap room for sleeping. Participants will receive full service from the staff both night and day.

If you regretted missing SFS or The Inn at Peak's Mill -- this is the event for you!
    lindatrent@zoomnet.net

This event is running in real time and we've already had the murder, the sheriff was notified, and has done his investigation, and he's turned over his information to the prosecutor. The prosecutor has been asking questions of the witnesses and is completing his interviews, and will hopefully be deciding whether there's enough evidence to continue and if so what the actual charges will be. At that time the defense will begin working on their strategy, so I need to close this event within the next two weeks.

If you wish to be a part of this, please contact me A.S.A.P. or sooner.

The long and short of this is, if the event goes off as well as everything else, this promises to be another good one that I'd rank up there with SFS and Inn at Peak's Mill!

Linda
    Linda Trent
    [email]linda_trent@att.net[/email]

“It ain’t what you know that gets you into trouble.
    It’s what you know that just ain’t so.” Mark Twain.
Working...
X