Carnton Civil War Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnton Civil War Days

The folling was sent to me and I am pssing it on in hopes that some of you in the area might be able to help.

Carnton in Franklin , Tn is holding Blue and Gray Days in conjunction with the upcoming Anniversary of the Battle of Franklin on Friday November 30th from 9 am-1pm and Saturday, December 1, from 9-3. We are inviting reenators to participate in living history demonstrations on both days.

We are opening up Friday for school children and have around 600 children in attendance while Saturday is for general public. The idea is to expose the children to what life was like as a soldier, answer questions, perhaps a makeshife camp site etc.

Any help that you provide. Or if you know of anyone who would be intersted.

Thank you,

Katie Tate
    Education Dept. Coordinator
    Historic Carnton Plantation
    katie@carnton.org.
    615-794-0903
    [B]Steven Cone
    "The Dippin' Gourd Mess"
    <A HREF="http://www.americancivilwar.50megs.com/SilverSpringMess.html"><I>"Silver Spring Mess"</i></A> <br>Stones River Nat'l Battlefield Volunteer
    Living Historian and Battlefield Preservationist
    [COLOR="Blue"]ACPP ; CWPT ; BONPS ; STFB [/COLOR][/B]

[I][B]January 18-20, 2008 "The Calm Before The Storm" <br>April 19, 2008 "Fort Granger" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN"<br>June 20-22, 2008 "The Eastern Flank" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN[/I][/B]
Working...
X