145th Olustee Campaigner adjunct - Feb 13-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 145th Olustee Campaigner adjunct - Feb 13-15

SCAR will have a Federal campaigner company at the 145th anniversary of the Battle of Olustee on Feb 13-15, 2009 in Lake City, FL. The campaigner company(ies) will start a distance from the mainstream area and conduct a march into the site opposed by dismounted cavarly along the route.
    Contact Ken Giddens with the 48th NY for more info at:
    Chifos@aol.com

Regards,
    Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Re: 145th Olustee Campaigner adjunct - Feb 13-15

Originally posted by Jim of The SRR View Post
    ..... opposed by dismounted cavarly along the route..... Regards, Jim Butler
    :o

You know their will be a good amount of Critters at the event?

Mike Nickerson

Comment

Hi,

I have sent you a e-mail about the event. Thanks

Andrew
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Andrew, I'm sorry I had my old email address listed. Please retry at wfmsa@hotmail.com

Mike Nickerson

Comment

Hi,

No problem, I re-sent the e-mail this morning. Thanks

Andrew
          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

I have a metric butt load of firper and periodical research on this advance (and retreat)
            in my files and have spent waaaay to much time devoting my studies to this as my GGGGrandfather and GGGUncle were participants as CS Cavalry (Bully for Mike Nickerson!). Additionally I have walked the route to Olustee from Baldwin following Lou Schmidt's works.

I look forward to checking this out...post details of what time and are you coming in from the east along the RR right of way ?

Comment

anyone getting a quality bunch of Johnnies together for Olustee?
              Bryant Roberts
              Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
              palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Jim, do you plan to do that march on friday? Is it in conjuction with the cav "tactical" I heard about?
                Pete
                Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
                Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Yes, we are plannibg to do the march on friday. I am not sure if there is interaction with the Cav tactical or not. I know we will be facing some opposition along the route. I will check with Ken Giddens and James Permaine to find out.

Jim Butler
                  Jim Butler

Comment

Would there be any Confederates interested in forming a Company to oppose the Federal comapny at the event? I know of a couple of people from my unit will be there.
                    Chad Wrinn

Comment

Hunter Poythress is in charge of the C.S. Infantry portion of this thing, I think anyone interested in the grey side of things needs to get in touch with him.
                      Last edited by ; 01-01-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

He' s friend of mine and i was going to see the interest before i bothered him. I have commanded a company under his command before and everything was perfect, good commander Mr. Poythress
                        Chad Wrinn

Comment

Oh yea Hunter is awesome. Get in touch with him and see what is up.

I will say this though to other folks who may not know much about this event. Olustee is known as "Grey-fest" down here and SCAR and Ken will need everyone they can that will wear blue.

Comment

You beat me to the same thing: blue is definitely needed, not to try to take anyone from my boy Hunter. Olustee is notorious for the 3 or 4 to 1 ratios, even with the Florida Battalion (DoG) and another mainstream CS battalion galvanizing for the weekend.
                            Ross L. Lamoreaux
                            rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

I don't want to take anyone from the federals. I just knew that there was alot of Confederate Authentic down there and thought we should round them up and show the people what the war was like. So I don't thik it will effect the number of people there because they will already be there. I just wanted people like me that will not do federal down there because my grandfather was killed there to have a chance to have a authentic campany.
                              Chad Wrinn

Comment

Working...
                              X