Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 145th Battle of Resaca (May 15-17) - Campaigner Battalion

Gentlemen,
    The WIG along with many of our friends are raising a Campaigner Battalion for the 145th Battle of Resaca on May 15-17, 2009. We will be portraying the 10th Texas, which was heavily engaged during the battle. Currently there are 6 companies being raised including:

Co. A - Grimes County - SCAR Company - Jim Butler, POC
    Co. B - Limestone County - Capt. Dave Thomas
    Co. C - Johnson County - Capt. Kiev Thomason (Color Company)
    Co. D - Freestone County - Capt. Patrick Craddock
    Co. E - Parker County - Capt Terry Hancock
    Co. F - Brazos County - Capt. Dave Hunter

The Battle of Resaca is hosted by the Georgia Division and is a mainstream reenactment. However it is held on original ground upon which the battle occurred. Hunter Poythress will be the overall Confederate Commander for the 145th Anniversary Event in 2009. Mr. Poythress is a very able commander and a friend/member of the campaigner community. He is currently commander of the Georgia Volunteer Battalion and commanded forces at several campaigner events including Return to the Ranks, Prelude to Chickamauga, and Pumpkin Vine Creek. Mr. Poythress' experience with the campaigner side of the hobby should allow us to more easily build our own mini-event inside the larger one.

Registration is now open. We ask that those wishing to fall-in as part of the Battalion register through the Battalion. Registration will be $20.00. This includes the event registration and rations for Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Registration deadline is May 1, 2009. Walk-ons are allowed however they may not be able to receive rations.

A guided tour of the Battlefield which will hopefully include the new state park land, will be conducted for all those that sign up by local historian and WIG member Tony Patton. Other goodies and surprises may also happen.

For more information and to register go to the website at http://www.armoryguards.org/resaca2009/.
    Last edited by trippcor; 12-04-2008, 08:03 AM.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: 145th Battle of Resaca (May 15-17) - Campaigner Battalion

I'm in, and paid!
    Frank Perkin

Comment

Originally posted by trippcor View Post
      Gentlemen,
      The WIG along with many of our friends are raising a Campaigner Battalion for the 145th Battle of Resaca on May 15-17, 2009. We will be portraying the 10th Texas, which was heavily engaged during the battle. Currently there are 6 companies being raised including:

Co. A - Grimes County - SCAR Company - Jim Butler, POC
      Co. B - Limestone County - Capt. Dave Thomas
      Co. C - Johnson County - Capt. Kiev Thomason (Color Company)
      Co. D - Freestone County - Capt. Patrick Craddock
      Co. E - Parker County - Capt Terry Hancock
      Co. F - Brazos County - Capt. Dave Hunter

The Battle of Resaca is hosted by the Georgia Division and is a mainstream reenactment. However it is held on original ground upon which the battle occurred. Hunter Poythress will be the overall Confederate Commander for the 145th Anniversary Event in 2009. Mr. Poythress is a very able commander and a friend/member of the campaigner community. He is currently commander of the Georgia Volunteer Battalion and commanded forces at several campaigner events including Return to the Ranks, Prelude to Chickamauga, and Pumpkin Vine Creek. Mr. Poythress' experience with the campaigner side of the hobby should allow us to more easily build our own mini-event inside the larger one.

Registration is now open. We ask that those wishing to fall-in as part of the Battalion register through the Battalion. Registration will be $20.00. This includes the event registration and rations for Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Registration deadline is May 1, 2009. Walk-ons are allowed however they may not be able to receive rations.

A guided tour of the Battlefield which will hopefully include the new state park land, will be conducted for all those that sign up by local historian and WIG member Tony Patton. Other goodies and surprises may also happen.

For more information and to register go to the website at http://www.armoryguards.org/resaca2009/.
      Just a small reminder to start talking with your pards about the event. May will be here soon gents. Start the Spring of 09 off with a bang come out and fly the flag of the tenth Texas with the WIG. I know there is still room so join up. It sounds as if we will be allowed to sleep in the works and improve them during the night after the first battle on Sat. So bring pick and spades boys.
      Kiev Thomason
      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
      WIG
      Armory Guards
      Forest Park Lodge #399
      Forest Park GA.

Comment

I have posted some links to information about the 10th Texas on the history page of the website. We unfortunately lost a very valuable resource for information on the 10th Texas when AOL decided to shut down the homestead sites many of their customers used including Scott McKay. Scott had a done a lot of research over the years on the 10th and had posted it to the website he created for that purpose. I am currently trying to get that information from Scott so that it can be reposted on the Armory Guards or WIG websites.

In the mean time look for Herb to begin posting some excerpts from the Harlan letters to help us start getting in the mindset for the event. Thanks to Joe Walker for sending us copies of those.

Let’s get those registrations in. May will be here before you know it.

Comment

Re: 145th Battle of Resaca (May 15-17) - Registration Update

I updated the registration list this moring for the Resaca Campaigner Battalion on the website. Registrations are coming in slow but steady. Let's keep them coming in.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gents ,
            If anyone wants a GA frame belt for the event let me know .I am about to make a bunch of them up. They are $35 and $5 from each will go to the Atlanta history Center for the Wray collection efforts. Call me at 404 358 5611 if you want one. Do not email or pm me about the belts please. I will need to get down into my shop and take the orders and sizes while I am on the phone with you. These will be clip corner buckels with iron dye and beef tallow finish.I will get these to you at the event to keep the cost down and save shipping. I will however need the payment up front for the cost of the belts.
            Armory Guards
            Forest Park Lodge #399
            Forest Park GA.

Comment

Gentlemen,
              Is there anybody willing to let me catch a ride with them to Resaca? I will help pay for gas and so on. I'm from East Tennessee in the Johnson City area.

Thanks in advance
              Mr. Aaron Fletcher
              F&AM Taylorsville #243 TN

Comment

Aaron. Shawn, Luke, and I may be going down as part of the sharpshooter group. (Breckinridge Greys) You could maybe ride with us. Let me know.
                Cpl. Ryan Halsey
                Wampus Cats Mess
                Mossy Creek Mess-SCAR
                Breckinridge Greys
                Liberty Rifles

Comment

My Regs and money is in the mail coming to you Marse Corbin!
                  The Gourds will be following Pat Craddock into this dog fight!
                  Kaelin R. Vernon
                  SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

Hey Kiev, do you have to be attending the event with the 10th to get in on that Ga frame belt deal????....
                    Actually, do you have any of those now, or are the buckles still in production?
                    Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
                    Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Before I head out for the Duck River event, I updated the registration list for our campaigner battalion. Registrations are still coming in slow but steady. Kiev Thomason is currently in the lead with the largest company.

Comment

Originally posted by csabugler View Post
                        Hey Kiev, do you have to be attending the event with the 10th to get in on that Ga frame belt deal????....
                        Actually, do you have any of those now, or are the buckles still in production?
                        NO...I will make ya one Pete. Call me at 404 358 5611. I have two size 34" to 37". This is more for the Atlanta History Center...so I will sell them to whoever wants one. I was just gonna bring them all to the event,but if someone wants one I can ship for a small fee.
                        Kiev Thomason
                        WIG
                        Armory Guards
                        Forest Park Lodge #399
                        Forest Park GA.

Comment

Kiev,
                          I have just registered for your company. I can't wait!
                          I will be there with my father, Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Barnett View Post
                            Kiev,
                            I have just registered for your company. I can't wait!
                            I will be there with my father, Greg.
                            Madison, does your daddy know you're on his computer? :angry_smi Glad yer' coming.
                            See ya boy !
                            Eric
                            Eric N. Harley-Brown
                            Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Good to have you Son. I hope your half as good of a trooper as the Old man!:wink_smil
                              Kiev Thomason
                              WIG
                              Armory Guards
                              Forest Park Lodge #399
                              Forest Park GA.

Comment

Working...
                              X