Spotsylvania May 1-3, 2009 Not-EBUFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotsylvania May 1-3, 2009 Not-EBUFU

I know this is a long-shot...but with the advent of several new recruits to our unit (23rd VA Vol. Regt.)...we voted to attend this event in May.

Are there any other progressive/campaigner units planning to attend, or send a contingent to this event?

If so, let's talk and see if we can't take a stab at creating our own Euphoric Environment for a couple days in the land of funnel cakes, and clowns.

Paul B.
    Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
    (Loblolly Mess)
    [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Re: Spotsylvania May 1-3, 2009 Not-EBUFU

Originally posted by Stonewall_Greyfox View Post
    [...]in the land of funnel cakes and clowns.
    Yeah, like you don't want a funnel cake. :tounge_sm

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Greyfox View Post
      Are there any other progressive/campaigner units planning to attend, or send a contingent to this event?
      We will be there under Col. Scott Buffington and 3rd Reg't, USV portraying the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery.

Two of our members made the flag and a lot of us are going all out on the impression in lieu of their hard work.

Try contacting Cody Harding or Paul Boccadoro. Both can be found on the Forum.
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Jason, we will be in the Grey suit for this one not Blue .
        Nick Medwid

Comment

Paul,
          The CMF also voted to attend this one.
          Chris Fisher
          [COLOR="Blue"][I]GGGS Pvt Lewis Davenport
          1st NY Mounted Rifles
          Enlisted Jan 1864 Discharged Nov 1865[/I][/COLOR]
          [I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Member Co[COLOR="DarkGreen"][/COLOR]mpany of Military Historians[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

I can't find it on their website, so hopefully someone on the forum can answer this for me. Who owns the land that this reenactment will take place on?
            Bill Backus

Comment

Bill,

The property is privately owned. It is an active farm, open to the public, and is also the same property where the Spotsylvania reenactment was held back in 2004.

Eric
              Eric J. Mink
              Co. A, 4th Va Inf
              Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Eric,

So I assume the land's owned by Belvedere and not Tricord. Correct?

Bill
                Bill Backus

Comment

Originally posted by Shockoe Hill Cats View Post
                  We will be there under Col. Scott Buffington and 3rd Reg't, USV portraying the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery.

Two of our members made the flag and a lot of us are going all out on the impression in lieu of their hard work.

Try contacting Cody Harding or Paul Boccadoro. Both can be found on the Forum.
                  You guys have the yellow silk Regimental or the swallowtail? Frocks coats too? Cool it might be neat to come out and watch just to see.

Dave Myrick

Comment

A few comrades and I will be there from North East Ohio. And we too are trying to avoid the funnel cake stands....:)
                    Kenton Siers

“South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum” - James L. Petigru

Comment

Check their website the event was canceled due to lack of funds and low registration.

Mike Nichols

Comment

Originally posted by mcn2de View Post
                        Check their website the event was canceled due to lack of funds and low registration.

Mike Nichols
                        Yes Mike is right the event has been canceled. In my mind with many groups just finishing there event lists a couple short weeks ago it seems a bit early to call it off. I know I was planning on going but did not get a chance to send in registration in yet.
                        Tony "TJ" Vittone

5th VA Co. H,
                        Pine Top Mess,
                        3rd Ark Mess

Comment

Working...
                        X