Authentic Company at Camp Geiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Company at Camp Geiger

Camp Geiger is an event in Whitehall, PA on June 12-14. It is held in honor of Christopher Geiger who died in Afganistan while serving his country. He was not only a fellow reenactor, but a good friend. The event itself mainstream, but through my support we have created an authentic adjunct. The camps will be divided into two different sites. The mainstreamers will have their own section, while the authentic part will have another. The authentic side will consist of hand built, period trench works for both federal and confederate. Both companies will need to sleep in and man the trenches at all times. Authenticity will be of the utmost important here. The trenches will be "live" for the entire event. It will be up to the men in the trenches when they wish to attack the other side (even at night!). Picket posts will be held the entire event in the trench area. We wish to have at least an authentic company per side. The trench area will not be like the mainstream event. It will completely authentic. This is a growing event with about 300 people and i am working extremely hard with our board to change it to a more authentic event. Any support would be greatly appreciated and it will also prove that the system works and we can work to make it a much more authenitc event. Please visit our website to recieve more information. It also has photos of what the trenches look like. They have been extended even farther for this year. The notice for the authentic section have not been added to the website but will be shortly. If you would have any other questions comments please feel free to send me a message. Thank you very much!

Zachary Werner
    Liberty Rifles
    8th GA
    Zachary Werner

Re: Authentic Company at Camp Geiger

Zachary,
    Good luck with the event.
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

I plan on being there. Anyone else?
      Eric Stephenson

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]The Company of Military Historians[/URL]
      [URL="http://lodge245.doylestownmasons.org/"]Doylestown Masonic Lodge No. 245 Free and Accepted Masons[/URL]

"Captain Dike is in the hands of some brother Masons, and to the Order he owes his life." OR s.I v.II

Comment

I will be there as a vendor. Stop by and say hello if you get a chance.
        Bill Lomas

[B][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]E. J. Thomas Mercantile[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
        [FONT="Century Gothic"]P.O. Box 332
        Hatboro, PA 19040
        [URL="http://www.ejtmercantile.com"]www.ejtmercantile.com[/URL]
        [email]info@ejtmercantile.com[/email][/FONT]

Comment

This was one of the best events I have done in years. Full run of the trenches and ability to dig, take down trees, and fortify. I would urge anyone who wants to dig and living in trenches to come out next year. All modern life disappears.
          Eric Stephenson

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]The Company of Military Historians[/URL]
          [URL="http://lodge245.doylestownmasons.org/"]Doylestown Masonic Lodge No. 245 Free and Accepted Masons[/URL]

"Captain Dike is in the hands of some brother Masons, and to the Order he owes his life." OR s.I v.II

Comment

Went to the event with a mainstream Confederate unit, the event was very well done, The trenchs on both sides with Abati, breastworks and forward rifle pits were impressive. The rain added to the authenticity level. The event organizers did a great job.
            Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

thanks yall for your support i believe the event turned out great! i will keep everyone posted on more information and post dates for next years event in a bit. next year will be even better! the trenches were live the entire event and it was an incredible authentic experience. we would love to have more authentic reenactors in the trenches next year
              8th GA
              Zachary Werner

Comment

Mr. Werner,
                I do hope that my shelter half was put to good use. You know, it was the one I loaned you at IPW and that was never returned.
                Tom Yearby
                Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Working...
                X