• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 147th Perryville Commemoration

147th Commemoration of the Battle of Perryville, KY
    October 3-4, 2009
    “The Fight for Peter’s Hill”
    The historic fight for Peter’s Hill will be the scenario for Perryville this year. This scenario has not been done previously. The fight occurred early during the battle at Perryville and engaged infantry, artillery and cavalry, which is a great opportunity for a good battle recreation. There will be numerous venues for living history and an excellent ration program, alter ego program etc for participants. Various entertainment and programming will go on throughout the park during the weekend. Everyone will have plenty of opportunities to participate. The military commanders are Col. Bob Ward. Tenn. Valley Battalion, Col. Chad Greene, Western Federal Blues, and civilian coordinator Beverly Simpson. There will be military encampments, a mixed camp, and the living history village. Registration is only $5.00 before July 31, 2009. All registration proceeds will go to the Perryville Battlefield Preservation Assoc and will directly benefit the museum update and living history program. To register for the event you must request a registration form from the park. For event rules and participation standards please visit the website at
    www.perryvillebattlefield.org You can also email the park at joan.house@ky.gov to request event information.
    Thanks,
    Joni House
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joni House[/FONT]

Western Federal Blues at Perryville

All,
    The Blues will be in force at Perryville and we are inviting you to join us at the event. If you have fell in with us before you know what to expect. If you haven't please visit our website www.westernfederalblues.org to look over our participation standards etc. Perryville is a first rate event. They will have a full ration program and lots of others. The best is the tactical on Saturday morning. The Rebs are still smoldering over the whipping we gave them last year, they should be game to get back at us this coming fall.
    The $5.00 registraiton deadline for Perryville is up on July 31, 2009. It goes up to $10.00 after that and you can not walk on. The event will be held on the original battlefield as well as the tactical. The scenario is Peter's Hill. Please visit www.perryvillebattlefield.org for full details. All of the reenactor registraiton fees go towards preservation on the park.
    Hope to see you all on the field.
    Chad Greene
    Chad Greene

Comment

Re: 147th Perryville Commemoration

Chad,

Just to be clear, Perryville is a mainstream event. Are the Blues hosting an actual adjunct to the event for which they are recruiting?

Can you provide us with information about company structure and commanders for the Blues?

As I understand it, the ration issue and tactical are part of the overall event. Will the Blues be doing anything in addition to the regularly scheduled activities?

thanks,
      Joe Smotherman

Comment

The Western Federal Blues will provide a progressive component at Perryville. Additionally, the Living History Village is also a progressive component or c/p/h or whatever it is called exactly. You can look over the event standards at the websites listed in the prvious email. We listed this event under the adjunct event part of the AC and that seems to be the appropriate place for it. The major effort at Perryville is to raise money for preservation and honor the men who fought at Perryville.
        The Western Federal Blues will provide the battalion structure and command component for this event. Under our battalion structure will hopefully be four companies. I will be overall commander of the Union forces as well as the Blues. You can read about our command structure and how we operate at our website. You are welcome to pm me with specific questions regarding this event.
        Hope to see you there or at some other event very soon.
        Chad Greene
        Chad Greene

Comment

Bully for you Col. Greene! "The Acorn Boys" will be there in force! See you in October!
          [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
          -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Is there seperate adjunct info for the campaigner part of the event? What is the guiding impression, posted uniform standards for the adjunct vs the mainstream area, etc? Please see Mr. Wicketts post at the top of each adjunct section describing the criteria to qualify as an AC approved adjunct.

Thanks,
            Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Jim,

All information about the event from guidelines etc., can be found on the website as Chad mentioned and linked to in a previous post.
              Micah Trent
              Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
              Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

I went to both websites. I do see the Uniform Standards for the overall mainstream event of Perryville. But, I do NOT see any specific adjunct information that differentiates the adjunct portion from the mainstream battle. Without a specific, higher standard, published info for the adjunct portion of the event, then it won't meet the AC standards to approve an event to be listed as adjunct. If something changes, please let us know asap.

Regards,
                Jim Butler

Please reread this post:
                Everyone,

The process for posting Adjunct Events on the Authentic-Campaigner has changed. From this point forward, threads posted on these folders will not immediately appear on the open forum. They will go into a queue to be assessed by The Authentic-Campaigner staff as well as a volunteer committee of hobby leaders. Before threads concerning Adjunct Events are released to the open forum, they must meet the following criteria:

* Identified unit impression
                * Impression guidelines based on historic data
                * Established organization and structure with reasonable goals for numbers
                * Activities outside the event standard schedule that add value to the event for the participant
                * Traditional EBUFU activities: rations, guard, drill, some level of immersion even if temporary (i.e., overnight picket or short march, based on historic actions of course!)"

For events that do not meet these criteria, or about which a concern remains, constructive feedback will be provided to the person who originally submitted the thread. The objective is not to limit event access to event advertisement (though that may be the end result). Rather, we want to ensure that the A-C community can have a bit more assurance that events promoted here conform to a common set of minimum expectations.

If there are questions or concerns around this process, please feel free to contact me directly. While I am not making determinations about which events will/won't be listed, I am working to manage the process.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Comment

Mr. Butler and All,
                  According to the info listed for the adjunct folder Perryville meets the criteria for listing on the AC. I did not label Perryville a mainstream event - you did. According to the information that is listed on our website Perryville qualifies as an adjunct event in itself. The uniform guidelines are posted, the unit impressions are posted, the info about the tactical, camp areas and everything else is posted on that site. The Western Federal Blues will post pickets, guard, have drill, rations and several other programs including an alter ego program that the park helps with for all soldiers attending Perryville that wish to participate. This is getting somewhat nit picky and given your past post on this forum it seems you have a personal ax to grind.. The fact is that you have not attended Perryville since 2006 you do not know what goes on at that event. The standards are set and are good and should not cause the AC forum any issue about posting our event here. I have attended several "hard core" events in my life as a reenactor and I don't believe Perryville is so far off the mark that it should cause you such issues. I was unaware that it was now a criteria to label your event on your event information either mainstream or campaigner or whatever you call it to satisfy the people that are currently running the Authentic Campaigner.
                  I will take this into consideration before we plan events in the future. The tremendous amount of arrogance that is being displayed here befuddles me. I am in the business of recreating history, preserving battlfield land, and furthering sometime to my own personal harm a better event at Perryville - clearly with your tone on this forum you are not.

Sincerely,
                  Joni House
                  [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joni House[/FONT]

Comment

Thank you Miss Joni.

Unless I'm mistaken, there are other events posted under the EBUFU or whatever you call it that, have less information regarding uniform standards, command structure, etc. than what is posted for the 147th Perryville on their website (i.e. "Cumberland Gap Living History", and "Battle at Fort Sanders-Knoxville Tenn" has even less info regarding uniform standards than Perryville does yet, I do not see "certain" folks on that thread slamming it). Why are "certain" folks not hounding these events? It appears "certain" folks are pounding away at Chad Greene and not the event?
                    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][I]I Remain, Your Obedient Servant[/I]
                    [COLOR="Black"][B]Jimmy "Doc" Nelson[/B][/color][/font]
                    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Daylight Lodge # 760 F&AM
                    Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels[/FONT]

[I][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]In honor of my 3rd Great Grandfather: "John Daniel Nelson", Surgeon, 4th Georgia Infantry, CSA[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I agree Doc, this seems to be an attack on Col. Greene and the Blues rather than an educated opinion concerning Adjunct Events. Why the personal attacks Mr. Butler?
                      [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
                      -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Folks,

Yes, there are new rules for adjunct events. However, given that 2009 is more than half-over, they are generally not being applied to events this year. Generally, if there is an effort that is truly glaringly inappropriate, then we will take action.

However, I do not think that Perryville falls into a category that requires this kind of action. The folks at Perryville have, in fact, done quite a bit in recent years to improve the event from a civilian perspective... something not seen all that often and they've had to fight for it, to boot.

Please reserve this thread to discussion about the event and not use it as an inquisition of the organizers.

Thank you,
                        John Wickett
                        Former Carpetbagger
                        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

This is not a personal attack on this event. ALL adjuncts posted on the AC will need to meet the listed criteria that was posted by Mr. Wickett.
                          To clarify a bit more. If an event is open to all types of reenactors with no enforced standards for impressions , camps, activities than it should have seperated adjunct infomration that specifies the ADJUNCT only portion of the event (enforced standards, camp, activities, etc).
                          Race to Knoxville was not and adjunct, it was an EBUFU event as it had NO mainstream element to the event. There actually will be a mainstream event in October on that site.
                          Some of the criticism should be viewed as not personal, ut actual;y to get the adjunct info up to the standards, so it WILL be approved and listed.
                          I know some people are going to take offense thru this process, but it is NOT personal. It is to maintain some credibility at the AC as the event folders were becoming a clearing house for anyone who wanted to post their event. Thus, it would make it no different than the CW Reenactors forum and actually be a disservice to the c/p/h community which this forum is meant to primarily serve.

Regards,
                          Jim Butler
                          Jim Butler

Comment

Let's put the BS behind and get this thing back on track with Joni's original post:

Originally posted by Joni House View Post
                            147th Commemoration of the Battle of Perryville, KY
                            October 3-4, 2009
                            “The Fight for Peter’s Hill”
                            The historic fight for Peter’s Hill will be the scenario for Perryville this year. This scenario has not been done previously. The fight occurred early during the battle at Perryville and engaged infantry, artillery and cavalry, which is a great opportunity for a good battle recreation. There will be numerous venues for living history and an excellent ration program, alter ego program etc for participants. Various entertainment and programming will go on throughout the park during the weekend. Everyone will have plenty of opportunities to participate. The military commanders are Col. Bob Ward. Tenn. Valley Battalion, Col. Chad Greene, Western Federal Blues, and civilian coordinator Beverly Simpson. There will be military encampments, a mixed camp, and the living history village. Registration is only $5.00 before July 31, 2009. All registration proceeds will go to the Perryville Battlefield Preservation Assoc and will directly benefit the museum update and living history program. To register for the event you must request a registration form from the park. For event rules and participation standards please visit the website at
                            www.perryvillebattlefield.org You can also email the park at joan.house@ky.gov to request event information.
                            Thanks,
                            Joni House
                            Micah Trent
                            Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
                            Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Nic and Doc,
                              I don't view Mr. Butler's words as a personal attack on Chad. In fact, I know personally the two have known each other back to the days when the AOP was in existence and a functioning group, rather than a stammering of a few hold outs.
                              I've never knowingly met either one of you, but I say if you guys want to participate in the CPH events, we are putting together a program at Perryville in May of 2010 for the 105th Ohio. I believe the Federal command structure is being worked out by the event organizer at the moment.
                              Patrick Landrum
                              Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                              X