150th Cycle Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150th Cycle Meeting

- Mods, not sure where this should go on the forum, please move as required- Thanks

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    150thcycle@gmail.com

Second ‘150th Cycle’ Meeting Scheduled

WINCHESTER, Va.— A second meeting to discuss 150th Cycle Civil War reenactments has been scheduled for 10:30a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 23 at the Hilton Garden Inn at 120 Wingate Drive in Winchester, Virginia.

The meeting is a follow-up to the March 21 gathering coordinated by Chesapeake Volunteer Guard Commander S. Christian Anders and attended by 16 other hobby leaders representing over 1,000 troops from New England to Ohio to North Carolina. “A lot of ground was covered in the last meeting, and I look forward to another,” said Anders, a veteran event organizer whose next reenactment, “Return to Manassas,” is slated for August of 2010.

Topics of discussion will include the possible revision and adoption of the Common Sense Resolution, which can be viewed at chesapeakevolunteerguard.org; creation of a “Five-Year Plan” featuring a “buffet” of events of different types and sizes; the need for reenactors to chart a course and “take ownership” of their own events; and establishing more teamwork within the hobby.

“I am very pleased to see the amount of interest and participation from the hobby in taking ownership of the 150th cycle, and making this series the best it can be for the public, the boys in the ranks and the Original Cast of '61,” Anders added. “I look forward to further discussion and implementation of a meaningful plan to accomplish these ends.”

If you would like to attend this meeting, or need more information, please e-mail Laurel Scott at 150thcycle@gmail.com.
    S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"
Working...
X