150th Firing On Fort Sumter 04/08/11 - 04/17/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150th Firing On Fort Sumter 04/08/11 - 04/17/11

I am looking for an Authentic Group to portray one of the Militia Units that was stationed on Sullivans Island during the Firing on Fort Sumter. I have been given permission to raise three 125 men militia units for outside the fort. This would be a great opportunity to bring out the common tent and to set-up a static garrison camp. Currently we are researching all the units that were on Sullivan's Island. This will be a living history and not a reenactment although there may be some firing of artillery pieces from the beaches. There may also be some open slots for some inside of Fort Moultrie. We have slots for 70 for the 10 days and we are spliting the time into three sections. One will be for the full 10 days and the others will be from 04/08/11 to 04/12/11 and 04/12/11 to 04/12/17. Requirements inside the fort:

Dark Gray Cassimere Frock Coat with matching trousers.
    Kepi of the same material.
    M 1842 Springfield
    No modern items with the exception of medicine to be kept in poke sack.
    Good Health that will allow you to drill and march daily.

More later on requirements

I have done several Living Histories and I did participate at the Fort Moultrie LH with the Palmetto Living History Association for four days and the Re-Opp of Fort Sumter. I also do a LH yearly at Fort Sumter around April 12th. I also participated in the Rich Mountain LH so I do have a little insight on what I am attempting to do.

I will allow the person that takes over the authentic militia unit outside the fort to come up with their own standards as long as they represent a chosen militia unit. There will also be strict requirements for the other two militia units on the island. Each unit will have their own separate camping area. There will be modern things in sight but we will be on the actual Fort Moultrie Site and where all of this happened. We will also have a unit stationed at Fort Johnson.

My e-mail is clsinclair@comporium.net

Claude Sinclair
    Reenactor Coordinator
    150th Firing on Fort Sumter
    April 8, 2011 to April 17, 2011
    Claude Sinclair
    Palmetto Battalion
Working...
X