X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Duck River Line-Winter 1863"-JAN 31-FEB 1,2009

“The Duck River Line”-winter 1863

A tactical immersion event-January 31-Febuary1, 2009

Brought to you by the organizers of “The Calm before the Storm-winter, 1862”, and located the same pristine, private location in Hohenwald, TN. This year offers the opportunity for a full on tactical experience as well as the ultimate test of campaigning ability and field craft.

SCENERIO: Following the battle of Stones River, Confederate forces withdrew south to Tullahoma, Tennessee and drew into line along the sleepy Duck River. As winter developed the lines and tactical situated and gave way to normalcy and routine in both Confederate and Federal ranks. Tasked with maintaining lines of communication and supply, reconnaissance, fortifying, and foraging, troops on both sides of the river became the early warning devices for their respective armies.

This is an invitation only, non spectator, full immersion scenario of a moderate to difficult nature. There will be 35 Enlisted Confederate Infantry slots and 20 Federal Enlisted Infantry slots as well as a limited role for citizens. The scenario will last 30 hours and no one will be allowed to walk on after the start time-you won’t be able to find us!

Confederate Host Unit: The Dippin’ Gourd Mess

Federal Host Unit: The Independent Mess

100% of all proceeds go to a historic preservation organization, chosen by the participants-your money, you decide where it goes!

For more information or for and invite request/guidelines contact ELI GEERY email: rangernparadise@hotmail.com
    -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
    "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
    "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
    "The Bully Boys"
    "The Hard Case Boys"
    "The Independant Mess"
    29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
    3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Re: "The Duck River Line-Winter 1863"-JAN 31-FEB 1,2009

Oh yes.. I will be there. Survival mode will be activated. The rifle will be locked and loaded. Immersion will be the best policy. Hot-natures and hot-heads stay home!
    Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 11-05-2008, 03:30 PM.
    Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
    Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
    ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
    ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
    ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
    ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
    ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like an awesome event.Really want to be there for this since its in my neck of the woods!:D
      Juston Pope
      "Temperance"
      Independent Rifles

Do YOU get tired of hamming and yamming at the Rootbeer stand? Tired of the soft handed authentic movement? PM me and join the IR!

Comment

Finaly something along the lines I just might want to do.
        Jim "Doc" Bruce
        War means fightn and fightn means killn.
        L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
        Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Dont miss out folks, make plans now and get ready for great immersion weekend!
          Kaelin R. Vernon
          SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

Do you mind if I post the event information on the ONV site? I'm sure some of us would come down. I miss doing confederate.

Steve Acker

Comment

Originally posted by plankholder;

[CENTER
              100% of all proceeds go to a historic preservation organization, chosen by the participants-your money, you decide where it goes![/CENTER]

For more information or for and invite request/guidelines contact ELI GEERY email: rangernparadise@hotmail.com

E-mail sent sir.

Respectfully
              Juston Pope
              "Temperance"
              Independent Rifles

Do YOU get tired of hamming and yamming at the Rootbeer stand? Tired of the soft handed authentic movement? PM me and join the IR!

Comment

Steve, post away. Thanks for the overwhelming immediate responses over 20 people have already committed.
                "The Bully Boys"
                "The Hard Case Boys"
                "The Independant Mess"

Comment

Eli, please count me in on this as well. The actions and movements, particularly involving the Tullahoma and earlier events leading up to the Chattanooga campaigns, are actions that don't seem get alot of "event" attention.Plus many of my "old" family migrated to that area (Tullahoma/Lynchburg) around 1807, so it would be neat to move on the same land they did. Maybe we can discuss it more at Ft. Negley.
                  Thanks,
                  Eric
                  Eric N. Harley-Brown
                  Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Some ONV guys went last year and had a grand time. With that said, the we may be able to bring some Johnnies for you.

Steve Acker

Comment

If I remember correctly, it was a balmy 9 degrees there this past January.

Yet.... I plan on participating again.
                      Brian Hicks
                      Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Eli,

Several of the Independent Rifles would like to come. Among them Justin Morris, Pat Landrum, Juston Pope, Shannon Tilley, Jamie Barr, and me. It's being talked up among the rest of the boys as well. We'd like to go Confederate for the event. Please let us know if this is acceptable.
                        Matt Woodburn
                        Retired Big Bug
                        WIG/GHTI
                        Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                        "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Woodburn View Post
                          Eli,

Several of the Independent Rifles would like to come. Among them Justin Morris, Pat Landrum, Juston Pope, Shannon Tilley, Jamie Barr, and me. It's being talked up among the rest of the boys as well. We'd like to go Confederate for the event. Please let us know if this is acceptable.
                          Make that a couple more from Cincinnati as well.

If work permits me, I'll be there if you fellows are able to accommodate a couple more.
                          Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

I assume I've got a spot carved out for me Eli. Can't wait to get frost bite on my hands again. I didn't know Tennessee could get that cold.
                            Heath Potter

South Union Guards
                            Star and Crescent Mess
                            A.E.K.D.B.

Bummers
                            Franklin Preservation March
                            Backwater 1865

Comment

Eric, you know you are welcome-try not to get captured this time, as I cant be responsable for your well treatment! See you at Negley. Steve, I always love to see my ONV buddies, I will try to get you guys at a warmer position than last year as I know you guys are drawn to our gentile southern climate!-ELI
                              "The Bully Boys"
                              "The Hard Case Boys"
                              "The Independant Mess"

Comment

Working...
                              X