Chickamauga and Chattanooga Living Histories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickamauga and Chattanooga Living Histories

As some of you know the Chickamauga and Chattanooga NMP is always looking for high qualtiy living history programs, so as schedules are being made for this season, please consider us. We are in a state of flux right now as one of our blackpowder officers, Rebecca Karcher, has transfered, but should be able to accomidate any groups. If interested contact me and I will direct you through the channels to get something set up.

Lee
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Re: Chickamauga and Chattanooga Living Histories

Lee,

Would be neat if the 'Gourds could get back out that way before too many moons. We had a blast portraying Aytch!
    Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
    Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
    ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
    ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
    ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
    ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
    ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

You all are welcome any time.

Lee
      Lee White
      Researcher and Historian
      "Delenda Est Carthago"
      "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lee
        We are wanting to get our guys trained in Artillery, Patrick has made mention of a certain impression you all would like to have done with the artillery, could we make a combo of it and have big ole time???:D
        Let me know. kaelin.vernon@gmail.com
        Kaelin R. Vernon
        SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

Lee, NPS still prohibits any sort of opposition among troops, correct?
          Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
          Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Lee,do you know what type of impression Patrick is wanting for this art. living history?When does he want to do it?
            Cullen Smith
            South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Pete,
              The NPS does not allow opposing force. There are other program sequences that some parks utilize, but there should be no shooting at one another.
              Pat Brown

Comment

OK, thanks. That was the case last time I was involved in that discussion several years ago.

Patrick Peterson
                Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Pete,
                  I've heard tales of reenactments on a few pieces of NPS land back during the celebrations from 1961-1965, but nothing since then.
                  Pat Brown

Comment

I had thought that if we ever wanted to -- per Mr. Brown's idea -- roll a gun forward, drop it, and fire we might consider Douglas's Texas Battery there by the Abalamey monument. I've also always thought it would be cool to do Slocum's Battery, Washington Artillery.

Long story short, we have nothing nailed down.
                    [FONT=Garamond]Patrick A. Lewis
                    [URL="http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/"]bullyforbragg.blogspot.com[/URL]

"Battles belong to finite moments in history, to the societies which raise the armies which fight them, to the economies and technologies which those societies sustain. Battle is a historical subject, whose nature and trend of development can only be understood down a long historical perspective.”
                    [/FONT]

Comment

Pat,
                      You know how I feel about the Douglas idea, esp as part of larger programming. White and I worked on a WA impression as the potential basis for what we did out there (esp when Dr Hughes published PDS's writings), but I think most of that died off. Hey, could we use the CHCH group on here to get deeper in this discussion?
                      Pat Brown

Comment

We're looking for places to do cav events. The park is a great site, but not sure how much draw we would get outside of the local area for a drill weekend there.

Patrick Peterson
                        Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Working...
                        X