Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 145th Battle of Atlanta LH July 17-19th

When: July 18th and 19th, 2009

Where: Gilliam Park, Atlanta, Ga. We are one city block from where Mercer's Brigade hit portions Fuller's Division.

Who: Armory Guards

Website: http://www.armoryguards.org/66th_georgia_infantry.htm

POC: Herb Coats - Menion687@aol.com or Kiev Thomason

The Plan: "This event is being hosted by the Armory Guards and the Salt River Rifles. It will be held at the same location as past events and includes recreated earth works and gun emplacements along part of the original defenses of Atlanta. The Armory Guards will be portraying the Confederate forces representing Company A of the 66th Georgia Infantry with the Salt River Rifles portraying the Federals. Unlike years past, we will be able to be there all weekend. This is the only event that will commemorate the 145th Anniversary of the Battle of Atlanta on the anniversary weekend and on the original ground where the fighting occurred."

No, we won't be marching and burning, it will be infantry drill, artillery drill, and improving the works, but the East Atlanta society wants us to put on a jam up living history and we actually get a LOT of visitors that know their history. The East Atlanta folks are very good to us. Yup it is July in the ATL, be prepared to swear like the men of the AOT and Uncle Billy's Boys did in 1864.

We are looking at a max of 40 Cornfeds and around 20 Blue Boys.

As for you kit, think summer 1864 AOT and AOtT.

I'll say this. This is the only type of LH of its kind within the Atlanta city limits. Yes Virginia, there will be more info coming along soon.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Re: 145th Battle of Atlanta LH July 17-19th

Yeah, I'm there with Uncle Billy Butler's men :-p
    Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
    Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
    Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
    <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
    <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Scotty I expect nothing less!
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

I hope to be there to sweat with the AoT. That is if y'all don't mind a "mainstreamer" being in your midst.
        Tom Dodson
        47th Ga
        Tom Dodson

Comment

Guys,
          I am personally very excited by this event because it has a very personal connection to me. My Great Great Grandfather, Briggs H. Napier, was the Captain of Company A of the 66th Georgia. He was shot in the leg while trying to remove General Stevens body from the Battlefield at Peachtree Creek. I still have his sword. If the weather is not bad, I will bring it to this event.
          [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
          [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
          [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

The Federal side will be portraying the 39th Ohio of Dodge's XVI Corps. I hope to have some regimental info soon. If you are interested in being part of the Federal contingent, please contact me at unionguy1@comcast.net
            Please use the generic, Western Federal infantry uniform guidelines at:

Thanks,
            Jim Butler
            SRR www.geocities.com/saltriverrifles
            SCAR www.geocities.com/scar_civilwar
            Jim Butler

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
              When: July 18th and 19th, 2009

Where: Gilliam Park, Atlanta, Ga. We are one city block from where Mercer's Brigade hit portions Fuller's Division.

Who: Armory Guards

Website: http://www.armoryguards.org/66th_georgia_infantry.htm

POC: Herb Coats - Menion687@aol.com or Kiev Thomason

The Plan: "This event is being hosted by the Armory Guards and the Salt River Rifles. It will be held at the same location as past events and includes recreated earth works and gun emplacements along part of the original defenses of Atlanta. The Armory Guards will be portraying the Confederate forces representing Company A of the 66th Georgia Infantry with the Salt River Rifles portraying the Federals. Unlike years past, we will be able to be there all weekend. This is the only event that will commemorate the 145th Anniversary of the Battle of Atlanta on the anniversary weekend and on the original ground where the fighting occurred."

No, we won't be marching and burning, it will be infantry drill, artillery drill, and improving the works, but the East Atlanta society wants us to put on a jam up living history and we actually get a LOT of visitors that know their history. The East Atlanta folks are very good to us. Yup it is July in the ATL, be prepared to swear like the men of the AOT and Uncle Billy's Boys did in 1864.

We are looking at a max of 40 Cornfeds and around 20 Blue Boys.

As for you kit, think summer 1864 AOT and AOtT.

I'll say this. This is the only type of LH of its kind within the Atlanta city limits. Yes Virginia, there will be more info coming along soon.
              If anyone wants in on this I need to know asap. I have to give the event folks a head count for food and such.
              Kiev Thomason
              a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
              WIG
              Armory Guards
              Forest Park Lodge #399
              Forest Park GA.

Comment

Well I guess i'll go its only accross the streat from my house....
                :)
                Marvin Greer
                Snake Nation Disciples

"Now bounce the Bullies!" -- Lt. David Cornwell 9th Louisiana Colored Troops, Battle of Milliken's Bend.

sigpic

Comment

Jim sent you a pm
                  Doc
                  Jim "Doc" Bruce
                  War means fightn and fightn means killn.
                  L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
                  Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Likewise, it's not quite in my backyard but it's pretty darn close, count me in for this.
                    Travis C. Hébert
                    -------------------------
                    Armory Guards / W.I.G.
                    ACWRT,GBA,CWT
                    -------------------------
                    "Flag taking was pretty well knocked out of me" Lt Wm. Pennington, 6th Wisconsin, Co. I

Comment

Marvin,
                      no going home at night for a shower or your soft bed.You got to suck it up like everyone else.
                      Cullen Smith
                      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Kiev,

I told Jim I was in with the Buckeyes... if I ain't on the list, please put my sorry butt on it.
                        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Just put in for the time off of work for this one. What is presently your greater need, CS or Federal?
                          Ross L. Lamoreaux
                          rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Your choice Ross.
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

I guess somebody's got to wear the blue in Georgia. See you there with Butlers Boys
                              Ross L. Lamoreaux
                              rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Working...
                              X