October 17th, Potomac, MD: Life and Death on the C&O Canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 17th, Potomac, MD: Life and Death on the C&O Canal

This coming Saturday, October 17th, the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park in Potomac, MD, is hosting their annual living history program, 'Life and Death on the C&O Canal'. We are currently in need of both Union and Confederate reenactors for several CW scenes. The program runs from 4pm until approximately 10pm and recounts many of the interesting and macabre events of the Canal's colorful history. Participants will be fed and you are invited to encamp at the park. If you are interested in more information, please call Lisa Jane Berray at 412-482-8950 or email her at lisajaneberray@gmail.com. This is a great alternative to Cedar Creek! Thank you!
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Shaun C. Grenan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR="DarkRed"]Newaygo, MI[/COLOR][/I]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]"[I]' Ellsworth! Remember Ellsworth!' was the chorused battle-cry with us all, and at each shout horsemen would fall from their horses, victims upon our altar of vengeance. -Member of Co, B, 1st NY Fire Zouaves, NY Leader, July 23, 1861.[/I]"[/FONT]

Re: October 17th, Potomac, MD: Life and Death on the C&O Canal

Hey Shaun,

It's been a long time. Hope all is well. I wish I could be there, I'll be at the Bell Grove Plantation this weekend with our cannon detachment. I did this a few years ago and it was pretty cool. We did the Retreat from Gettysburg portion of the program. If I am not mistaken and correct me if I am wrong, Potomac has one of the only working locks on the C&O Canal. At any rate take care Shaun.

Monterey Pass Battlefield
    Civil War Heritage of Emmitsburg
    South Mountain State Battlefield
    John A. Miller, Director
    Monterey Pass Battlefield Park

Comment

Working...
    X