Anybody minding the store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody minding the store?

Eric Tipton and I have been trying to locate a company to plug a few of us into on the Federal side but emails aren't being returned.

We'd like to get registered and attend this. Please advise.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Re: Anybody minding the store?

Paul,
    Just down load the registration form and snail mail it. I sent my registration into the posted address 10 days ago and my name is on the "Attendees" list already. I must be living right. I didn't try to send any email though so I couldn't say about that.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
    Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
    Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
    The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Mr. Calloway,

You might try contacting Scot Buffington of the 3d Regiment, United States Volunteers. I know they are going and our unit falls in with them as Company H every now and then. Their regimental homepage is:

Scot's listed email is: buffusv@comcast.net

He has made a few posts regarding the event on the CWRF (http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...274#post118274). That being said, we will be on "the other side".

Regards,
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Originally posted by paulcalloway View Post
        Eric Tipton and I have been trying to locate a company to plug a few of us into on the Federal side but emails aren't being returned.

We'd like to get registered and attend this. Please advise.
        Paul,

You & Mr. Tipton would be more than welcome to fall in with Co. A (under John Wyman) of the CVG. We'll be attending in blue and would love to have you!

Sincerely,
        Charles Kibler
        Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
        Robert E. Lee

Comment

Re: Anybody minding the store?--YES!

Gents:
          Scot is a teacher and is currently on vacation (touring battlefields, of course!). I know that his adjutant has just returned from his own family vacation and has since followed up with Eric and Paul.

I know they are sorry for the delay in responding but are very glad that you fellows are falling in with us.

The 3rd regiment would welcome friends from the AC Forum to fall in with us. Just send me an email or PM and we will sort you out.

Regards,
          Mark Herzog

Comment

We received a response from Kim last night and are communicating. A couple of people here have specified the comapnies they are putting together. If anyone else is putting together a company, chime in here, so we can see what our options are. We will have 6-10 people and want to stay together.

Please let us know here, or shoot me an e-mail at etinohio@msn.com.
            ERIC TIPTON
            Former AC Owner

Comment

I am going in Paul's band to this event as well and need to know what to put on the registration. Someone let me know who us Hoosiers are falling in with.
              Thanks,
              Clay Pendleton
              Clay N. Pendleton
              Muncie, Ind.
              Memberships:
              CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Current Numbers Registered

Factoid for the Day:

Count of Registered CS Participants: 163
                Count of Registered US Participants: 69
                Total: 232

Numbers were pulled from the Attendee List on the website on afternoon of 13 July, 2009.
                Matt O'Driscoll
                1st Reg. KY Volunteers, Co. E

Comment

3:1 ratio?

Registration caps?
                  Joe Smotherman

Comment

Originally posted by PogueMahone View Post
                    3:1 ratio?
                    Lighten up Joe,

The ratio is only 2.36:1... so us Federals are safe from a Confederate Attack. Wait, the Federals are supposed to be doing the attacking on this one.

Yes, I'm registered, I'm coming and I can whip my weight in WILDCATS!
                    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Joe and Pete. Remember that eastern rebs melt in the rain. Three to one are good odds to start with if a cloud appears over the mountains. As for me, I'll be wearing my blue suit somewhere out there.
                      William Birney
                      Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                      Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Some of those registered as rebs have taken the oath and will wear blue. I couldn't pass on the opportunity to serve with the spirit of Ambrose Bierce, and a few friends decided to come along.
                        Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Michael,

Does this mean that now there will be an adequate amount of army red tape and paperwork churned out by the advancing Union Army? In any case, if you're switching to the federals, I for one will be glad to have you with us!

Neil Randolph
                          1st WV

Comment

I think Kim's got the paperwork under control. I'm very happy to be a rifleman for this. It's much more fun to study administrivia than to try to do it in the field.

Nonetheless, I will have a Gillott 303 for close-in defense... :)
                            Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Working...
                            X