Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummers Militia Structure!

To my Southern Minded comrades,

I would like to announce the Georgia Militia command structure for Bummers next November. As previously mentioned Robby Mitchell of the Armory Guards has agreed to be the over all Southern Forces commander. Robby is a wealth of knowledge with regards to the various incarnations of the Georgia Militia before and during the Civil War. I cannot think of anyone more suited for this command position.

Now onto the newsflash! I would like to announce that Dave Hunter, Michael Comer, and Hunter Poythress have accepted company commands for the 11th Georgia Militia. Each man comes to the table with a great understanding of this level of command and will a welcome addition to the officer pool for Mr. Mitchell. There is a fourth company added to the mix as well. I have command of this company, but Mr. Mitchell agreed to this since the trail of “Shock and Confusion” seems to follow me along. ;)

All joking aside the event staff has backed these decisions because each man has a regional or unit affiliation that is balanced for folks who want a home with other like minded pards who wish to slow down Uncle Billy’s boys.

IMPORTANT DETAIL:

The numbers of these four companies are to be strictly controlled by their historical numbers from the 11th Georgia Militia. I will be posting more information on each company in the near future so if you and your pards want to go “Militia” you would best served by signing up ASAP when the registration for the Georgia Militia opens. As Ken Cornett said recently we will be opening registration for the military participants beginning in November. So that is definitely less than a month away.

The information for guidelines regarding the Georgia Milita is posted on the Bummers website: http://www.bummers09.com/Guidelines.html

Thanks all
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Re: Bummers Militia Structure!

Folks:

With this announcement, our military structure is now in place. We will open registration for Bummers in November. More details to follow soon.

We will also be making an announcement about our fundraising efforts within the next week or so. Thanks to Matt Woodburn for a great fundraising idea. :D

Thanks to Herb, Kiev and Jordan for putting together the Militia structure. We need these boys to defend their native Jawja against Sherman's marauding men. ;)
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

Re: Bummers Militia Structure!

Gents,

I have had numerous PMs regarding the Georgia Militia structure for Bummers. Please send all MILITIA inquries to my email at

Menion687@aol.com

I check this more frequently than I do my PMs on the AC. I still check my PMs here, but this happens less frequently.

REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike our comrades in Blue, the Georgia Militia is LIMITED with the amount of men in each company. DO NOT DELAY in registering for the Militia for Bummers when registation is opened. You may find that you are out of luck if you delay.
      Last edited by Coatsy; 10-27-2008, 04:22 PM.
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

Caps on the Georgia Militia

All,

I just want to reiterate that the Georgia Militia companies have caps on the amount of men that can join them. These caps come not from us as event organizers, but from the records of the Georgia Militia. I want to stress this issue with everyone on the forums.

Company A (Poythress) from Macon County, Ga. will have slots for 24 men

Company B (Coats) from Sumter and Webster Counties, Ga. will have slots for 37 men

Company C (Hunter) from Webster and Macon Counties, Ga. will have slots for 27 men

Company D (Comer) from Sumter County, Ga. will have slots for 30 men

My Georgia minded comrades, now is the time to decide which company that you wish to “jine.” Keep your eyes our for the registration date (which will be soon, we promise)
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

Working...
        X