attn SKULKERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn SKULKERS

Skulkers - and you know who you are - please contact R. Meyer, J. Marler, or B. Brumagin regarding this event.
    Aw, shoot, you can even drop me a line.
    John Pillers
    Looking for images/accounts of 7th through 12th Ill. Inf. regiments from April 1861 - April 1862

'We're putting the band back together'

Re: attn SKULKERS

P.S.
    Yes, it is Illinois.

:wink_smil
    John Pillers
    Looking for images/accounts of 7th through 12th Ill. Inf. regiments from April 1861 - April 1862

Comment

Sweet wants to go a bummin. Pills, if we are putting the band back together, I want to be Donald "duck" Dunn. He has cool hair
      [B][SIZE="2"]Ray Therrell (sweet)[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Gotcha 'Donald Duck' but no candy-a** suits.

:wink_smil
        John Pillers

Comment

See ya on the reunion tour!
          Nic Clark
          2017 - 24 years in the hobby
          Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

"Well, the Sister was right. You boys could use a little churching up. Slide on down to the Triple Rock, and catch Rev. Cleophus. You boys listen to what he's got to say."

I am already practicing on being a Bummer!
            Chris Clements

Comment

I am dustin off the ole Ge TAR and am ready for some Pickin and Grinnin ........lets make Georgia HOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John is your mom coming?????
              Ryan Meyer
              Skulker's Mess (Germany)
              Keeper of that BOX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Indeed! This is "THE" event of 2009. Great oppurtunity to meet and greet old pards and make some new ones. Now is the time to start planning. Need to lose weight? Start now. Need to fit out yer kit? Start now. Word around the campfire is we'll be doing 103rd Illinois as a foraging party. Point of contact is Brent Brumagin. He'll be the officer of our unit. Even if you haven't done an event in years...(my last one was in '99), make every effort to be a part of this. One note regarding uniformage...according to recent research, some of the boys rcvd clothing issue before "the march". BUT, some only got trousers, others, just fatigue blouses. Looks like our impression could be a mish-mash of "like-new" clothing and old campaigner stuff. We'll see. BTW, met some of the Liberty Rifles gang at Hodge's march and they too are putting together a group. These guys are way cool and have "the look". Check out their website if'n you get a chance.

CHEERS!

The reenactor formerly known as "JONAH"
                John Marler
                Franklin, TN

Comment

Marler,

Do you notice if shell jackets and frocks were being issued?
                  Last edited by Iceman; 11-06-2008, 05:32 PM.
                  Nic Clark
                  2017 - 24 years in the hobby
                  Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

Not sure. Meyer is my source on the whole old/new mix of uniformage. Will advise.
                    John Marler
                    Franklin, TN

Comment

Nic,

I think the common coat would of course be a sack coat, I have not seen any pictures of dudes in short jackets for this particular regiment, but then again I have not seen too many pictures, I know that guys in other Illinois Regiments were buying Infantry Jackets and Dress Coats in 1864 so I would think that if you wanted to go with that look that would be ok, I doubt everyone should be running around in a shell jacket or frock, I think the Sack was the common piece, but a few guys would be fine. SO if you think you are a special individual snow flake then go with the non sack, if you are the mind set that reenactors should wear what was most common then I would say a sack.

I do know they had great coats on the march.......

I am planning on doing some more research and then writing up some unit guidelines with sources.

I do think the NCO's were wearing St. Louis depot Mexican wrestling masks.

Ryan
                      Ryan Meyer
                      Skulker's Mess (Germany)
                      Keeper of that BOX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Skulks,

I did a little research today and I have a few things to keep in mind when putting together your impression for this one.

1. The unit we are portraying was issued clothing and equipment (as needed) the DAY before the March, remember dudes had to buy their stuff, and if supplies were available they were required to have serviceable stuff (meaning they were wearing shoes, if their pants had a big hole in them or the seat was blown out they were required to buy a new pair, regulation head gear etc. etc. etc.) So there would be a mix match of new and old stuff BUT the old stuff should not be a used up.

2. According to the event site we are portraying 15 November 1864, this is the day the march started MEANING that the soldiers we are trying to portray were issued new clothing and equipment, rations and ammos the DAY before. Historically they saw little to no fighting during most of the campaign, our division in particular did not see anything really during the first 4 or 5 days of the campaign, the vanguard of the CORPS did some skirmishing but that was about it, so the idea of any kind of battle damage or wear and tear would be at a bare minimum. They also marched on established roads, basically your uniform and equipment should be in good condition and you should have everything.

3. More to come, I am also working on a map showing the actual route the unit took, for those that are interested when I get it done I will let you know.

Shoot me a line if you have any questions.

Ryan
                        Ryan Meyer
                        Skulker's Mess (Germany)
                        Keeper of that BOX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Ryan,

So you are saying speedos are out? Well, at least we have the wrestling masks. By the way, I think you left yours at the house when you moved.

Does anyone know a rough estimate on the number of Skulkers planning to attend? Just checking.

Ray Therrell

AKA SSSSSSSWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT
                          Office of the Skulker's Mess Judge Advocate General
                          [B][SIZE="2"]Ray Therrell (sweet)[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Ray Ray,

Can't quote you a number but several of the ol' hands are saying yes, from Kansas City to St. Louis, from Virginia to Germany.
                            Still trying to reconnect with some (Kee, Dunkum, Friday, Goodman). If you have info on those wayward ones in your neck of the woods, please pass it along.
                            John Pillers

Comment

John John,

Shane should have contact info for Friday... we saw him a few years ago while filming that Vietnam stuff for Nat Geo... He is a bounty hunter and tractor salesman in Jackson, or at least he was that summer.
                              Mitchell L Critel
                              Wide Awake Groupie
                              Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Working...
                              X