Lost at Bummers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost at Bummers

It seemed like things got a little out of hand at times and the feds did a little too much foraging. I lost some personal items during the raid on the cabin with the lady having the baby on Sunday morning. A pair of ladies wool socks and a gourd water canteen. If you picked them up, I would really like them back. Please PM me. Also at the same spot I found a man's brown civi hat. If it’s yours I would gladly send it to you.
    Thanks
    Brandi
    Brandi Jones

Re: Lost at Bummers

Brandi,
    While I don't have any of your stuff, I did end up with quite a bit of loot. If anyone is missing anything, please post it.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
    Independent Rifles
    Swamp Angels
    Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Liz is also missing a large tin tankard, which I can currently not finding a reproduction of anymore. Both of us would like this item returned.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Two of our pards lost things...I think Sarah may have one. Lost one civilian beehive style hat and one federal canteen no cover, leather strap. Please notify if found. Thanks,

Paul Arnold
        Paul Arnold

Comment

I know ammo was fair game to anyone, but I had two Macon Arsenal packs stolen out of my spare cartridge box on Sunday near the end of the event. If they were used up during the fight that's fine, but I doubt they were. I worked diligently to make them up, and was proud at the result (I'm knew to making rounds and packs). Anyway, I wouldn't mind having them back. Seems like the Feds had a free-for-all on Sunday with our hidden booze and my ammo :cry_smile.
          I'm not heartbroken if I don't get them back (I hardly expect to), but jeeze, did you really have to take them at the end of the event... when you probably didn't even expend your own allotted rounds? Seriously?
          War is hell on the piggy bank.
          J. Dylan Woodliff

Armory Guards
          Snake Nation Disciples

"We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun. He is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Tankard found.
            Elizabeth Landrum
            IR Team Mom

Comment

Also lost a medium size sheath knife on Sunday at the cabin that 3rd Division sacked and burned. I cut a chunk of ham off the box/table that was in the citizens front yard and left it on the box. It has a light wood handle about six inches long with a really nice blade. Anyone finds it please let me know.
              Cheers
              Terry Sorchy

Comment

I saw it on the table but I had no idea it was yours , nor do I know where it ended up., Sorry Pard.

RM
                Rod Miller
                [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
                A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
                1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
                1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
                1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
                1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
                Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
                1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
                Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Cornbread found a canteen uncovered with a leather strap and a bottle of hot sause on a log not too far from a cabin where the last fight of the event took place. I will not have computer access for two weeks as Im going camping but good luck.
                  Martin Goff
                  1st Minn Vols
                  Martin Goff
                  Paddy's Lot
                  1st Minn. Vol.Co. A

Comment

Terry -- Ryan from Canada (4th Minn) found one that sounds like yours under a ham (stiletto style)and a civilian said it was his. That's all I know. Rob Murray may have known the civilian. Don't know for sure.
                    Martin Goff
                    1st Minn Vols
                    Martin Goff
                    Paddy's Lot
                    1st Minn. Vol.Co. A

Comment

Terry, as you know your knife is in the mail.

I also lost a large tin cup at the cabin that the 3rd Division sacked. Hal Merritt said one guy realized later that he had it but he didn't know who he was. It's a very well used cup but I would like to have it back.

Anne Buckner Burgamy

Comment

Anne, if the tin cup didn't have a handle, I may have it.

Also, I'm missing a miniature broad ax. The handle is about 14 inches long and is handcarved out of maple. The head is flat on one side and the other side has 2 depressions and an ovular makers mark near the poll. The last place I saw it was where we were holding the federal prisoners near the edge of the woods. If you've seen it or picked it up, I'd like to have it back since I've got some wood shaping to do in the shop that requires it.

Chris Henderson
                        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
                        WIG/GVB
                        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Not lost at Bummers, but on the road back home...

My Federal 4-button Sack Coat.

I know this is a really long shot, but I returned home sans my 4-button Sack Coat. I've since (probably) determined that I left it at the Subway (deli-shop) just off Interstate-81, on Port Republic Rd, near Harrisonburg, VA. We stopped there for lunch on Monday, about 1pm. I just (11/29/09) talked to the Manager of the eatery, and she said she indeed remembered a coat left on the back of a chair in the corner table where 3 of us sat to inhale a sandwich. Probably mine. :cry_smile ...as (I found out the next day) it did not make it home.

Most likely some "tater" clown picked it up & knows not what it really is, and pitched the smelly, dirty jacket. BUT -- I figure there's a small chance that another reenactor could have been thru there that day coming home from Bummers, seen it, and picked it up. If so -- and you read this & deign to return the jacket to its rightful owner -- I'd so love to have my sack back.

I can ID it, as it has my initials "CK" written on the inside back collar, and there's also something special about the front of the jacket, which I can relate if would like to confirm. I will of course pay for shipping! PM or email me if you can help (cjkibler@comcast.net)
                          Charles Kibler
                          Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
                          Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X