X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Event Announcement - "Bummers"

Originally posted by Eric Tipton View Post
    Rob:

That was in reference to ************, who was indirectly a vendor for the event. He is no longer a vendor for "Bummers", and asked not to be mentioned on the AC. That was part of the reason for his removal and the reason that his name now appears as asterisks here.

The AC has provided us this folder and already made Bummers a Tier 1 event for 2009. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for the clarification. It was appreciated.
    Robert Carter
    69th NYSV, Co. A
    justrobnj@gmail.com
    www.69thsnyv.org

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
      Mike you are more than welcome to keep your woobie, knapsack, groundcloth, knapsack, haversack, etc.

I highly suggest leaving room in said haversack and knapsack. You Blue Bellies need to be following "Uncle Billy's" specified instructions for foraging. :D

You know Herb, I laugh about it now... But I would've gladly paid $100 to just have my groundcloth with me that night. I didn't care about the knapsack, I just wanted the groundcloth.

Looking back I sure wish OUR 1st Sgt had given us more of a heads up like some of the other companies had gotten. Some of us more challenged individuals didn't get the "bring your meds" hint that the adjutant briefed at Parade.

All in all, it was a fresh experience. Sleeping on the bare ground with nothing but your sack coat as a groundcloth. A lot of guys volunteered for Guard duty that night. It could've been worse though, it could've rained...

Mike Phineas
      Arlington, TX
      Mike Phineas
      Arlington, TX
      24th Missouri Infantry
      Independent Volunteer Battalion
      www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Mike, I was in the same situation as you were. Atop Rich Mtn. we were "guarding" the Confederates so Kiev, Andrew, CJ, and I slept on the gravel road rather than the grass so we wouldn't soak up the dew. It would have been nice to have my gum blanket as well.

But for Bummers, it looks like the blue bellies can keep their blankets and gum blankets. You luck out this go round!
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
          Mike, I was in the same situation as you were. Atop Rich Mtn. we were "guarding" the Confederates so Kiev, Andrew, CJ, and I slept on the gravel road rather than the grass so we wouldn't soak up the dew. It would have been nice to have my gum blanket as well.

But for Bummers, it looks like the blue bellies can keep their blankets and gum blankets. You luck out this go round!
          We felt sorry for you guys huddled in the dirt around the fire when we woke up Sunday morning. Some of us were just about to put our blankets over your sleeping forms when you began to stir. At this prisoner camp the bottom rail was on top :-)
          Soli Deo Gloria
          Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Doug, yup you "Paroled Johnnies" had it pretty good that night. The Co A guys who paroled you all had a good plan worked out until those nosey high muckety muck battalion staff officers and OTHER company commanders decided to micro manage the distribution of you poor poor Johnnies..... Oh how you boys suffered! :D

Nosey staff officers!
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Eric:

Sent you a email and I will put your event on our schedule. You have our support and hopefully some of you can make it out to Fort Moultrie in 2010/2011 as Federals.

Greg Deese
              Gregory Deese
              Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
              "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

El Deese,

It'll be good to have you gents out to Bummers next year. ET and his Blue Crew have some great stuff in store for the Yanks! Trust me on this.

AND.... for folks not wanting to be the "bad guys" :tounge_sm Remember there will be a need for portraying the Georgia Militia aka Joe Brown's Pets at Bummers next year as well.

Kiev, Jordan, and myself have some great stuff in store for the folks who sign up to defend Jeeeeorgia from Uncle Billy's hordes.
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

Excellent!!! I won't be able to sleep at night till then! It's like waking up to Christmas morning! I'll be there!!!

Nick Miller
                  33rd O.V.I.
                  Mudslinger Mess

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."-Thomas Jefferson
                  Last edited by Mudslinger; 05-12-2008, 01:37 AM.
                  [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
                  -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I would LOVE to join the ranks! where do i sign?!
                    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][B]David Wellerding[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [B][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Mess No. 1 [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[URL="http://www.mess1.homestead.com"]www.mess1.homestead.com[/URL]
                    [URL="http://www.6thohio.homestead.com"]www.6thohio.homestead.com[/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[B][FONT=Arial]"Grant stood by me when I was crazy and I stood by him when he was drunk. Now we stand by each other."[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]-William Tecumseh Sherman[/FONT][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Corp.Hollywood View Post
                      I would LOVE to join the ranks! where do i sign?!
                      Go to www.bummers09.com and folow the registration link at the top.
                      Robert Collett
                      8th FL / 13th IN
                      Armory Guards
                      WIG

Comment

Enjoyed RM, PF, ATB ...but missed ITPW. :cry_smile I hope to make it to this one so I can spit some baccer down in the Georgia woods. Maybe get a chance to drop by and visit some kinfolk in East Tennessee on the way there.

I sure hope I can swing this one, as I surely enjoyed RM!
                        Charles Kibler
                        Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
                        Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                        X