Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bummers" Invitations

"BUMMERS" INVITATIONS - November 14, 2007

Over the last several days, we have sent out approximately twenty-five unit/organization invitations for "Bummers" in 2009. The reason for doing this is to make sure that we have communicated with as many groups as possible prior to the winter meetings this coming "off-season".

To build a registration list of 500, we want to be proactive about getting people on-board for the event. We have a decent database of the different "c/p/h" groups out there, but by no means is it complete and we don't want to leave out groups who want to attend. That being said, on the Military side, the event is open to any individuals who can meet the uniform guidelines. Citizen participation is strictly by invitation-only.

If your organization is an established authentic group who can meet the guidelines for the event, and wants to go Federal Infantry, (15th Corps of Sherman's Army), please contact me directly, so I can get your organization in our database for future communication. You can contact me directly by clicking here.

If your organization is an established authentic group who can meet the guidelines for the event, and wants to go Confederate Infantry, (11th Georgia Militia), please contact Kiev Thomason by clicking here.

There will be Confederate Cavalry at the Event. Please do not contact us at this point regarding Cavalry.

Regarding Citizens for the event, we are already in the process of contacting individuals for the event. Please do not contact us at this point regarding a citizen role for "Bummers". While we have figured out much of the military structure, we still have work to do to establish how many citizens and what their exact roles will be. Herb Coats is the Citizen Coordinator for the event.

If your group is planning on attending, we have this banner to be displayed on your web site if you would like to use it. We also ask any units who have received invitations, to please forward the e-mails that were sent out to spread the word. If anyone knows individuals who might be interested in attending, please feel free to forward the web address - www.bummer09.com to them.

Thanks for everyone's interest in "Bummers". We have a long way to go until the event, but a lot to do. If you or your group are planning on attending, please help us with the grassroot effort to bring together as many quality individuals as possible for the event. Thanks!
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: "Bummers" Invitations

Invitation Update - Now up to thirty-one unit invitations sent. I have heard from a few groups today since posting the earlier message. Shoot me an e-mail at etinohio@msn.com if your group is interested in attending. If we hear from you, and you feel that your group can meet the guidelines, we will add you to our invitation list, which will also be used for updates and event information as we move forward. Thanks.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

We have now sent thirty-three unit/mess/organizational invitations. If there are any other groups who can meet the guidelines and wish to attend, please shoot me an e-mail at etinohio@msn.com. Military only please. Thanks.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Greetings Everyone:

The question has come up several times regarding invitations for Bummers. The answer to this question is that we have sent out unit invitations to established progressive/authentic groups, but individuals are welcome as long as they can meet the uniform guidelines. You can view the guidelines here:

http://www.bummers09.com/Guidelines.html

We recognize that not all authentic reenactors are members of established groups. We also recognize that there are many individuals out there who might be members of mainstream organizations, but have an authentic kit and a desire to attend a more authentic experience.

We encourage all individuals who have the desire, the attitude and the kit to attend Bummers. If you have general questions, please feel free to contact me directly at etinohio@msn.com and I will attempt to point you to the right person in our organization.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
        X