X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Opens November 1

All,

Mark November 1 down on your calendars.

Registration for Into the Piney Woods will open on that date.

The registration fee for Banks' Grand Retreat in 2007 was $45 per man. Expect something at or near that figure. Clearly some costs have crept up over the past two years but we'll keep the registration fee very close to what it was for BGR.

The chance to campaign in a untouched area, one which troops from both sides passed through during the campaign we seek to replicate, is a rare one. Into the Piney Woods is not a weekend event. We will go live on the morning of Tuesday, March 10 and conclude by noon on Saturday, March 14. You'll have five days to cover some rough ground, soldier with your messmates, and get a taste of what life on campaign is like. We'll utilize natural water sources, have food and ammunition and other supplies drawn by draft mules and oxen, and live off the hoof for the better part of a week. Rain or shine, hot or cold, Into the Piney Woods will give you a chance to experience the Red River Campaign.

We have some capable folks heading each contingent. Terry Sorchy will lead the Federal forces. Frank Aufmuth will head up the Confederate forces. Silvana Siddali will coordinate the civilian element. All three of these folks bring a wealth of experience to the event. Blue, grey, or civilian, you'll be well provided for.

This is not an event based on false hype and big egos. We don't care a lick if you call yourself "hardcore" or something else. If the event sounds like the sort of challenge you are yearning for, sign up! If you are sitting on the fence- don't let this opportunity slip by. A great many of us will gladly lend equipment and gear. What we need are folks with good attitudes who are strong of mind and body.

Tom and I look forward to trekking alongside many of you in Kisatchie this March.

November 1 will be here soon! Get ready and stay tuned for updates and additional announcements.

Regards,
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Re: Registration Opens November 1

My registration will be sent as soon as I get out of bed. I can't wait to get to the Kisatchie.
    Rick Biddle
    Co. A 4th VA Stonewall Brigade
    Co. A 15th TX Texas Ground Hornets

Minion of the Warlord

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - MG William T. Sherman

Comment

Originally posted by Gallo de Cielo View Post
      This is not an event based on false hype and big egos. We don't care a lick if you call yourself "hardcore" or something else.
      Regards,
      Amen. Soldiers wanted...other labels not applied. Expect to see folks from Washington State to Florida, Southern California to New England. There will be at least 25 from Europe...and those guys don't travel to the New World for average events.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

That's great news!!

I would like to echo what Holler stated in a previous post. If you plan on attending in company A, 24th Iowa contact Harrison ASAP. I think we have 10 slots open at this time. The core of this company is the "SA" platoon from '07. We have already started planning things for the company. You don't want to miss this one.
        sigpic
        Grandad Wm. David Lee
        52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
        - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

My vacation may get cancelled again, so I plan to go to Kisatchie and start shooting yanks in January, or sooner if I can make it.
          Joe Allport

[I]...harbors bushwhackers and bushwhacks himself occassionally...is a shoemaker and makes shoes for all the bushwhackers in the neighborhood.[/I]

Texas Ground Hornets
          Co. F, 1st Texas Infantry
          Shoemaker

Comment

At what time needs he in place Tuesday?
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
            I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
              Amen. Soldiers wanted...other labels not applied. Expect to see folks from Washington State to Florida, Southern California to New England. There will be at least 25 from Europe...and those guys don't travel to the New World for average events.

It is with an enormous pleasure that I wait to find all the comrades of 2007, it will miss that regrettably those who left this world, but I do not doubt that their spirits will accompany us during our road.
              Your small sentence on the European which move for nothing, touch, my heart.
              We come to Communion with brothers, friends, companions, comrades who share with us the same passion. :wink_smil
              William Miconnet
              French Mess
              AES
              BGR & IPW Survivor
              Never ever give up!
              In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
              I believe!

Comment

Working...
              X