Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Rascals

To all Hearty Men of the East Texas/West Louisiana region,
    I'm raising a company of "locals" to fill out a CS company for the Piney Woods.
    I have a few men from the Texas Rifles and the 1st Texas ready to go, and I understand that a few REAL Louisiana men will be in our ranks too.
    We keep company with skeeters, chiggers, sticker vines and cotton mouths at every Dog and Pony show we go to. Our biggest challenge is the lack of whiskey!
    If you would like to serve with men who have been raised in the Pineys and know how to make those woods their second home sign up now in " Marek's Company of Rascals. While others are learning the Pineys, you'll be with men who LIVE the Pineys!
    You don't need to live here to have the right attitude. Enlistment is open to all who are ready for an adventure..., Cajun Style!

Frank J Marek
    Cpt. of TX Rifles
    Last edited by Big Whisky; 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM. Reason: didn't sign full name, too much Old Crow

Re: Local Rascals

Most of the Swamp Angels of Western LA have registered with Tuckers company. I think he, indeed, may have the most native boys with him!
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
    Independent Rifles
    Swamp Angels
    Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Frank,
      I know Shannon and about 3 others from down this way plan on going with you, Jeff T. and Chuck Lehman for this one. Wish I could make it!
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Captain Marek is a good man and a seasoned campaigner. He carries good whiskey and looks after his men. Captain Tucker is also a good man, but he has been known to lead charges that leave many of him men dead. But, he does carry a supply of laudrum. So, tough choice. Pat, you can come and carry my knapsack and guard me from attacks by civilians and the Bayou Yeti.
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Hey Frank. Yep, three of us from St. Francisville, La. will be sending registrations in, and will be falling in with you. We may have one tagging along from Mississippi, too.
          Shannon Tilley
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Well, us we shall be 5 ancestors of the Cajuns, it is cajun, but without the accent... :) :) :)
            We shall be with the company of our English friends and a companion francophile, MDIndependent, but it is with great pleasure that we shall spend time with the companions French speaker and francophile of Piney and moreover...
            For Bayou Yeti, me I come with mine since France, like that, I am sure to see him... His name? La Plume :) :) :)
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
            I believe!

Comment

Captain Marek,
              I know you are a fine son of our native southern soil. I expect and know you shall keep the hordes of Yankee Devils at bay and invading our homes.
              We require you to be the defender of our property, kin folks, and other chattel that you swore to protect.
              Our infant country is being invaded by aggressors who have only the desires of a few wealthy in mind.
              Consequently, I shall inform my congregation when I meet them to lend what support they can, when they can.
              Hopefully this cruel war and you can return to your homes with us and live in peace without the yoke of the black hearted republicans upon our shoulders.

I Remain YOS

Preacher Gersholm Butler
              Dusty Lind
              Running Discharge Mess
              Texas Rifles
              BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

I'll go with ye' If'n I can go!
                Tyler Gibson
                The Independent Rifles

Comment

Marek's rascals will probably be needed to save Colonel Aufmuth from the yankee onslaught. I heard it from the Bayou Yeti that any fellows joining with his company would not be left unburied along the trail, but given a proper burial of a few pine needles spread with care to hide it from the rooting hogs.
                  Tom Yearby
                  Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

For the first Time in the world, the Bayou Yeti image...
                    The resemblance with Tom Yearby questions me :)
                    William Miconnet
                    French Mess
                    AES
                    BGR & IPW Survivor
                    Never ever give up!
                    I believe!

Comment

Hmmm, I had the Bayou Yeti pictured a bit taller ;)

But then,what do I know???

Forrest
                      Forrest Peterson

Tater Mess
                      Tater Mess Social Orchestra
                      Missourah Shirkers

Comment

That's the new grandbaby. Papa and grandpa Yeti are much taller.
                        Tom Yearby
                        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

He is not Baby, he was bigger before the financial crisis and the Wall Street fall, but now they reduce everything, even Bayou Yéti, fault to Bush and Sarkozy once again :) :) :)
                          William Miconnet
                          French Mess
                          AES
                          BGR & IPW Survivor
                          Never ever give up!
                          I believe!

Comment

Folks,

Keep in mind that the image William posted was taken on-location. Kisatchie is home to long-leaf pines which grow to 60-80 feet easily. Thus, one must consider the scale of the tree-to-yeti. That will curl your shorthairs.

Regards,
                            Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Maybe, 80-100 feet, sure, it is true ;)
                              William Miconnet
                              French Mess
                              AES
                              BGR & IPW Survivor
                              Never ever give up!
                              I believe!

Comment

Working...
                              X