Rounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rounds?

Is anyone selling rounds for the folks that are flying in?

Thanks
    Rob Murray

Re: Rounds?

I think Adam "OX" Johnson sold them last time.
    If he is not I will post Mike Watson's number.
    Frank Aufmuth
    Frank Aufmuth
    When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

I think Captain Treadway, also coordinated a bulk order for BGR participants last time. I cannot say for sure if he is doing the same this go 'round.

Ox makes nice rounds as well. What was nice with Watson's is you could get various local arsenal lables on them. I recall ordering Tyler, St. Louis and even the authentic enfield rounds.

I know a pard, ordered a bunch of rounds from Watson prior to Pickett's Mill and Watson wants the business. Unfortunately he doesn't have website for his number or better yet his catalog which is pretty extensive. Mike asked to have word spread he was still around so, yes, please post his number and I'll PM Cpt. Treadway to see if he planned on something similar which also save Mike time of shipping 10 packages instead of one.

Best Regards
      Jay Stevens
      Tater Mess
      Independent Volunteers
      Iron Man Mess
      Reenactor Preservation Coalition
      Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
      Lost Tribes, October 2009
      Bummers, November 2009
      Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
      The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
      In the Van, August 2010
      Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Adam "Ox" Johnson does make a right pretty round. That said, I think he's about maxed out on what he can make.

If you are needing rounds, Mike Watson is not a bad way to go.

Don't show up with no rounds. Obviously many folks are flying in so making arrangements to have rounds shipped ahead of time or sending them with buds who are driving is something to look into.

Kind regards,
        Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Just recieved one hundred rounds from Mike yesterday. Now safely tucked away in the gun safe waiting for IPW. Mike turned around the order in about two weeks. He charges $8 for a ten pack with caps and $6 without caps. He can put various labels on the packs.

Mike Watson
          CARTRIDGES UNLIMITED
          4656 Newport
          St. Louis, Mo 63116
          (314) 769-1588
          Steve Boecker
          Co. A First Texas Infantry
          28th Louisiana IPW

"Too late, sir, the battle is won.”
          Richard Taylor after the Battle of Mansfield to a messenger from Kirby Smith ordering him to retreat

Comment

I am at my max for rounds for Piney Woods unfortunately otherwise I would love the business.

Comment

We two Boys from NY are flying in and are still wondering if rounds would be available to purchase or if it would be possible to mail our rounds to someone in the area, Thanks for any help
              Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Gentlemen I have about 500 rounds that are not spoken for for this event. So if anyone is interested they are packaged in arsenal packs with 10 rounds and 12 caps, made out of period correct paper and all the rounds are tied with waxed linen thread. Prices are $8.00 per arsenal pack.

Comment

Sent you a PM
                  Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Are marked rounds required for this event? I usually make my own, and have begun to put together a stash for this campaign season.

I use thin, yet modern, white paper for the cartridge. Is this going to be an authenticity problem?
                    Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
                    Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                    Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
                    <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
                    <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Does anyone have a source for musket caps that can either be shipped quickly or picked up at the event? I thought I had plenty, but I'm coming up a little short.
                      Larry Morgan
                      Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Larry and all,

I can buy the German caps (200 in the plastin "tin") for about $15 a pop at a blackpowder shop in Little Rock.

Darned things are getting scarce as hens teeth. I know those six-wing caps are out there too though they tend to shatter a lot.

I am willing to get a LIMITED number and bring them for guys to pay me for at the event (provided the shop has enough in stock of course).

Kind regards,
                        Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Larry,

I'm headed out of town today for the garrison event but I'll check Monday... the local blackpowder shop usually has some. If they are cheaper than what Fred can get I'll pick some up... I'll let you know either way.
                          Dios, libertad y Tejas,
                          Scott McMahon
                          Pyramid #593
                          Grand Lodge of Texas A.F.&A.M.

"It was not unusual, on the march from the Rio Grande, to behold the most decided evidences of terror and apprehension among the Mexican inhabitants, and more particularly whenever they caught sight of the Texas rangers..."

John S. Jenkins- History of the War Between the United States and Mexico

Comment

Everyone,
                            Just ordered 400 Dynamit Nobel caps from Dixie Gun Works. They confirmed they are in stock and will ship today. Price was $12 per hundred plus $10.95 shipping by UPS. I wil be bringing them with me to IPW.
                            Steve Boecker
                            Co. A First Texas Infantry
                            28th Louisiana IPW

"Too late, sir, the battle is won.”
                            Richard Taylor after the Battle of Mansfield to a messenger from Kirby Smith ordering him to retreat

Comment

Can anyone sell me rounds for the event? I won't need too many.

-Johnny Lloyd
                              Johnny Lloyd
                              John "Johnny" Lloyd
                              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                              SCAR
                              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                              X