• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 19th Century Temperance Movement

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post
    I meant to add:

Yelling:

"Sergeant, my rifle is already on-line in the rifle pit/hasty fighting position that is disguised to better scan my sector of fire with my head low and my eyes sighting-down the barrel. There are NO breaks in a war zone, Ser-geant!"

;)

Nicotine and caffeine keep me better alert and warm on a cold night at guard.

All the best- Johnny Lloyd :wink_smil
    Yes, well, just remember that some of your officers enjoy walking up to a picket post and asking to inspect a musket just to see if you will hand it over. Regulations say you will not place your musket on the ground or hand it over to anyone while on guard, not even to the NCO or Officer of the Guard.

Actually, I have no objection to anyone sitting on picket or setting the butt of the musket on the ground, as long as they don't get caught by the Grand Rounds, the enemy or the Officer of the Day. At Outpost 2K, I literally spanked a picket who was caught napping on the job. John Pillers has the photos to prove it.
    Joe Smotherman

Comment

Re: 19th Century Temperance Movement

Originally posted by PogueMahone View Post
      Yes, well, just remember that some of your officers enjoy walking up to a picket post and asking to inspect a musket just to see if you will hand it over. Regulations say you will not place your musket on the ground or hand it over to anyone while on guard, not even to the NCO or Officer of the Guard.

... At Outpost 2K, I literally spanked a picket who was caught napping on the job. John Pillers has the photos to prove it.
      The caffeine will keep me vigilant against said officers' efforts. LOL ;)

Good is the NCO that brings a hot kettle of coffee/tobacco to his soldiers out at the forwardmost line to make sure they are fully fortified, awake, warm and doing very well... ;)

Now back to the Temperance conversation... :D

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
      Johnny Lloyd
      John "Johnny" Lloyd
      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
      SCAR
      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
      X