Hawkeyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkeyes!

I don't know about you but I READY for this coming week! Next week at this time we will be posting pickets, making our beds, gathering firewood and best of all no talk about economic stimulis, A-Rod or any other 21st centruy crap.

Be sure to thank Fred and Tom for their efforts to give us the experience for one week what it was like. This event will be just like Empire Strikes Back. The best of the series. :)

Also thank Terry Sorchy and Frank Aufmuth for their efforts in raising two outstanding battalions! :)

And to our families for letting us leave home for a week to honor those brave men both Union and Confederate. Thank You! :)

Now, back to packing!!!
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: Hawkeyes!

Originally posted by Hairy Nation Boys View Post

And to our families for letting us leave home for a week to honor those brave men both Union and Confederate. Thank You! :)

And for those of us with many pissed off teachers. I can think of no better reason to miss a week of school though. I'm all packed and ready to go, can hardly wait.
    Last edited by stx; 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: kant spewll
    Tim Koenig

Comment

I am really pumped for next week! Not only with this be a great event, but there are a lot of gents that I've only known via electronic media, but have known for YEARS that I will be meeting in-person for the first time.

Get lots of sleep.
      Drink plenty of water.
      Take vitamins.
      Stay away from sick people.
      Travel SAFE!!!!

See you in Louisiana!!!!
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

All good brother!
        Frank Perkin

Comment

I'm so excited I think something is tickling my knee.

Brett "Homer" Keen
          Chicago
          [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Our French comrades are leaving shortly and us Brits fly out (run the blockade!!!) on Sunday. Will see you at lunchtime on Monday.
            What a time we'll have!!!!!!
            Patrick Reardon,
            The Lazy Jack Mess, UK
            Liberty Rifles, US

Comment

Best of luck and good times, Bully Boys!

Surely wish I could be in the Woods with you but will have to instead take it out on my PR class which has a midterm exam next week :sarcastic

I look forward to hearing your reports and will try to soldier on in the comfy knowledge that I will be Bummin' next fall.

Cheers,
              Paul Hadley
              Former resident of the Hawkeye State
              Paul Hadley

Comment

Can we go already, because my head is about to explode:D:D!!!!! Can't wait to see you all there.

Best regards
                Matthew "Bullfrog" Rennier
                4th O.V.I Co. B
                "Union Guards":baring_te

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                  And for those of us with many pissed off teachers. I can think of no better reason to miss a week of school though. I'm all packed and ready to go, can hardly wait.
                  I'll second both this AND the comment about our families! I'm not sure how exactly, but I convinced my lady to write me a letter that I hope to have delivered during mail call. That oughta be intensely awesome.
                  Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
                  Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                  Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
                  <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
                  <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Originally posted by NewHopeChurch View Post
                    I'll second both this AND the comment about our families! I'm not sure how exactly, but I convinced my lady to write me a letter that I hope to have delivered during mail call. That oughta be intensely awesome.
                    Haha, I did the same thing with a girl I work with. There's no better pick up line then "write me a Civil War letter"
                    Tim Koenig

Comment

Working...
                    X