Old Iowa State Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Iowa State Capitol

I thought this would be interesting to everyone. The Old Capitol is located here in Iowa City. It is the focal point of the University of Iowa. In 1857 it moved to Des Moines. I have been here many times and after the great fire of the early 2000's (the dome caught fire during resoration.) it has been restored to what it looked like in the 1850's.

See you all soon,
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: Old Iowa State Capitol

Hey there, Holler.

"Cy" Klegg informed me way back when that THIS is the Capitol of Iowa ... :tounge_sm

Have fun down south this month. I'm already "Pining" away, wishing I could be part of the dance.

Paul Hadley
    MS, ISU '81
    Attached Files
    Paul Hadley

Comment

What is the image of? Something from that other school?
      Nathan Hellwig
      "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Holler, that's what a REAL campus looks like, not whatever you call it down there in Chicago East.

I'm gonna be down there doing research next week, but I think you'll be otherwise occupied.
        Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
        My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Wouldn't it be Chicago west or Chicago south? Guess at that other place they don't teach geography!

Talk to you soon,
          Last edited by Hairy Nation Boys; 03-05-2009, 06:29 PM.
          Nathan Hellwig

Comment

This is what I get for trying to be a smart aleck.
            Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
            My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

No that's what you get for going to Iowa State! :)

Take care pard,
              Nathan Hellwig

Comment

Chicago has nothing to do with Iowa City other than our suburbanite kids we send there to go to school.

Brett "Homer" Keen
                Chicago
                [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Chicago has a lot to do with Iowa City. We have 30 hours round trip for me to explain. See you Sunday!

Holler
                  Nathan Hellwig

Comment

I look forward to the lesson professor...

Originally posted by Hairy Nation Boys View Post
                    Chicago has a lot to do with Iowa City. We have 30 hours round trip for me to explain. See you Sunday!

Holler

Brett "Homer" Keen
                    Chicago
                    [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Working...
                    X