Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the literate among you...

All,

Just a reminder that at the conclusion of the event, Dr. Gary Joiner and Steve Mayeux, both published authors specializing in the Trans-Mississippi Theater, will be on-site when we emerge from the woods on Saturday, mid-morning.

Tote along your copy of their scholarship and get an autograph. They might not have too many with them in which case it's best to stop into the Mansfield Battlefield on the way to the event and grab a book or two.

Recall too that t-shirts are sold at the end of the event and following that, the preservation raffle will be held.

Tom and I are working on setting up a dunking booth as a final attraction. We'll either have a vat of muratic acid or a large fry-daddy full of bubbling hog fat beneath the seat in the booth. Terry Sorchy and Frank Aufmuth will be the first ones in the seat.

Cordially,
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Re: For the literate among you...

Who goes first if Terry and Frank don't finish?
    Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett

Comment

Fergus,
      We will follow the chain of command on down the ladder if Terry and Frank are stuck somewhere in the gumbo clay an unable to finish the event. As civilians, Fred and I are not subject to the chain of command, so don't get any big ideas!
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Fergus,

If you tote that wee tickler of Drambuie with you, be sure that Tom and I get a shot of it. We'll make sure you at least go toward the end of the line at the booth.

I've received several nominations to have Silas and Phil of Graf go next if Terry and Frank get lost in the clay.
        Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Working...
        X