My heartfelt thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heartfelt thanks

This goes out to Company B, Bobo, Boosey, and Heath Hammond.

Last night, after mother nature unleashed her wrath upon us, Heath found me half-frozen and hypothermic next to him in our shebang. He immediately did everything he could to bring feeling back to me and, upon failing that, got me down to Co. B's bonfire post haste. After that, it gets a little fuzzy, but I know for a fact that those guys put up with me and two of my pards huddling by their fire, shivering and immobile while Bobo and Heath worked their medical expertise on us before Boosey took a long walk through the dark with me to see me off to Convalescent Camp. I've never seen such immediate and intense concern for a stranger before in my life, especially from a group of guys who don't know me from John Doe. I was fed dried fruit from someone when it became apparent I couldn't use my hands. I was given a warm, dry shirt when it became clear mine was soaked through. I was given socks for the same purpose. I had a ready and willing nurse corps that suddenly and without question took it upon themselves to help out the medics and get us feeling alive again.

I say with no undue drama that you all likely saved my extremeties if not my life, and no amount of thanks either in person or on the web will make up for that.

Also, thanks go to Captain Clink and Sergeant Breneman (and whoever else helped) for their assistence in compiling the gear of my pards and I, and getting it on the wagons.

Just know that I might not know who you are, but I'd like to, all of you guys. You've made a friend for life.

I guess that's it. Once again, thank you.

ps - I realized today that I have someone's shirt and socks, neither of which are mine. Can anybody in Co. B vouch for them? They'll be returned as soon as is practicable. Just let me know.
    Last edited by NewHopeChurch; 03-13-2009, 10:00 PM.
    Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
    Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
    Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
    <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
    <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Re: My heartfelt thanks

Scottie,

The green socks are mine, but don't worry about it I have a lot more. I have had plenty of practice putting them on my three sons over the years, so you were no problem for me that night!
    sigpic
    Grandad Wm. David Lee
    52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
    - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
    X