To Company F, 24th Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Company F, 24th Iowa

I posted this in the AAR thread but was afraid it might get lost in there and I would hope that every member of the company would get to read how much I appreciated each and every one of you at this event.

I wanted to take a moment and compliment all the men of Company F. Boys, I was incredibly impressed with all of you. As 1st Lt., I had a lot of opportunity to just observe the workings of the company and it was really something to see. You probably didn't notice it because you were in the middle of it but for someone on the outside so to speak, there was a lot to observe.

My hat is off to the NCO's. You guys were, without a doubt, the most professional group I have ever had the chance to work with and I can not compliment you enough. Orderly Sergeant Will Eichler,2nd Sergeant Perry Schofield, 3rd Sergeant Andy Roscoe, Corporal Charles Mathis, Corporal Eric Selwig, Corporal Gus Wimmer-Brown and Corporal Christian Jebb - you boys are on my permanent roll of honor.

To the privates - you were very impressive. The discipline, esprit and cohesiveness you displayed made me proud to be tagging along with you. I never heard anyone complain about an assigned duty, shirk a responsibility or fail to do and be where they were needed.

My thanks to each of you and I think we were the top dogs on the Federal side. I'm sure that there is some bias in there but in trying to be objective, I think we were a first rate quality company. No telling how crack we would end up being if we spent day in and day out together in a real campaign.

I hope to serve with each of you again and thank you for letting me serve as 1st Lt. for you. I hope I was of some service to you and not just extra baggage in the file closer rank.

Some of you have already done so but if any of you are wanting to attend Bummers as Georgia Militia, I would be tickled to death to have you in my company.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: To Company F, 24th Iowa

The peasure was mine, Lieutenant. The pleasure was mine.
    Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
    Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
    Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
    <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
    <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

I second that!
      Frank Perkin

Comment

Great to serve with you again, Michael. Have you finally dryed out? Hope to see you at Bummers in Nov., that is unless you'd like to venture out West to Fort Laramie this summer for our encampment in August.
        Mark Serour

Horsetooth Mess
        First Sibley Mess
        WIG

Comment

I'd love to join you at Laramie Mark. Email me the info and let me see what I can work out. If I can't make it, hopefully you can come East for Bummers.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Working...
          X