Raffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raffle

Anyone know when the IPW raffle was held? Or if it was held?
    Mark Serour

Horsetooth Mess
    First Sibley Mess
    WIG

Re: Raffle

Mark,
    It was not held due to the weather. I believe Fred will hold it and get in touch with the winners.
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

T-Shirts

Can we still purchase the t-shirts? I did not see them for sell in the Lotus camp
      Joe Beedle

http://www.2ndminnesota.com

http://thesheepfarm.org

Comment

The answer is yes. Dan Hadley posted about getting in touch with him and will be glad to get the shirts to those that attended.
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the update!
          Mark Serour

Horsetooth Mess
          First Sibley Mess
          WIG

Comment

How would he get in touch with winners? i have a stack of tickets with numbers on them.

Brett "Homer" Keen
            Chicago
            [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Good question. I will ask him.
              Tom Yearby
              Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Yes, as I understand it, many, mine included don't have a name on them so all we have is the numbers both on hand and in the drawing pot.

So hopefully just the winning numbers can be posted.
                Jay Stevens
                Tater Mess
                Independent Volunteers
                Iron Man Mess
                Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                Lost Tribes, October 2009
                Bummers, November 2009
                Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                In the Van, August 2010
                Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Like most of us, I don't have to fret about "winning" anything in these drawings. It's just fun to play.

First Prize: One week in Kisatchie
                  Second Prize: Two weeks in Kistachie
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                  [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

All,

I will have my six year old daughter draw tickets for each of the items listed on the preservation page of the Piney Woods website.

I will then publish the ticket numbers of the winning tickets here, on the event message board, and via email.

I will wait a few more days before the drawing to allow our comrades who traveled from afar to get back home.

Kind regards,
                    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

I will have my six year old daughter draw tickets for each of the items listed on the preservation page of the Piney Woods website.
                      Fred,

Did she lean towards Bell or Breckenridge in the 1860 election? Realizing she was only around 2 years old at the time, this may be a tough question to answer.
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Miss Katie is indeed Southern by birth and raising and no doubt that will be reflected in her impartial drawing.
                        Tom Yearby
                        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Uncle Tom,

I highly suspected she was definitely not a Lincolnite, but wanted to know if she was a Constitutional Unionist or a Democrat. The Bayou Yeti says losing tickets will be used as fire starter for the next Kisatchie event, but I told him he needs to check with you and Fred first before he puts that one on the 2011 schedule. Will says those big red bloodshot yeti eyes are convincing early in the morning.

Rob C. found some fire ants in Alabama, but they didn't think much of a free ride to New Jersey.
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Charles,
                            I do believe I heard Fred saying something in the wee hours Friday morning about shucking the Civil War gig and next time either doing "Houston's March to San Jacinto," or a "Donner Party" event. I advised him that snow in Kisatchie would be indeed rare, but a couple of years would give Sorchy a chance to raise his Mexican force and for folks to get their kits togehter.
                            Tom Yearby
                            Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Uncle Tom,

A Donner Party event would be just fine. Be sure to invite some of the young, tender, and well-marbled folks not often seen at events of any kind. We gave the basic "Long Pig Orientation" to the federals at Marmy's Raid by using a human femur to stir the soup, an no one objected to anything other than the lack of meat on said bone. Say, has anyone seen the bugler from ITPW? He probably noticed the roosters woke us up, and got eaten with gusto, and did the math as it was only a matter of time before we ran out of roosters.
                              [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X