Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hardy Huzza!

To the lads of co. F 24th Iowa Vol. Inf.:

I would like to say what a pleasure it was to command such a fine company in to the Piney Woods of Louisiana. I am a veteran of two Red River events and must say that this event was just as good. I hope we all took something away from this event which will deepen our appreciation for the men who did the real fighting and marchin’ in 64. I would like to thank Terry Sorchy for giving me the opportunity to command co. F. and a thank you goes to 1st Lt. Michael Comer as well as 2nd Lt. Heath Hammond. My gratitude goes out to both of you gentlemen. I would also like to thank my 1st Sgt. Mr. Will Eichler no finer 1st Sgt. could one wish for. I send a rousing Huzza! to you the boys in the ranks, my 2nd and 3rd Sgts., Cpls and all the Pvts. who if it were not for we would not of had a company (and a fine one at that). You all proved you had what it took. No complaining about all the guard duty we were handed or the skirmishing through some mighty tough undergrowth and building works after a long march and fight. You just did what you were told. Again I give you all a HUZZA! and a thank you.

Carl A. Clink Capt. 24th Iowa Vol. Inf. Co F

P.S. I lost my utensils at the camp site behind the works. They were in a blue bag which contained a fork, pocket knife, tooth brush and maybe a spoon. I have had them for a long time 20 years and I’m partial to them. Hope some one picked them up. Please, let me know if someone did find them.

Re: A Hardy Huzza!

I never had such a great time being so totally miserable! :wink_smil
    Frank Perkin

Comment

I had a lot of fun and I totally did learn more than I could at any other reenactment. It is ironic that I felt miserable for about four days, but I had so much fun:D! Thanks Captain Clink.

And a RIBBIT!!!
      Matthew "Bullfrog" Rennier
      4th O.V.I Co. B
      "Union Guards":baring_te

Comment

Carl,
        It was one hell of a time for me. This being my first ever event yall showed me so much, some of it kept me alive. Thanks to all.

Brandon "stump" Heath
        Sally Port Mess
        ONV
        #41 Romeo MI, F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X