USSC Ration Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSC Ration Bags

I've received several inquiries regarding the ration bags at ITPW.

The 75 that were sent via the mail for Hollar to distribute were made up of some of my earlier experiments with enameled cloth and were sewn by myself and my 10 year old nephew who I am helping teach to sew. The quality of the distributed bags was somewhat indifferent and some were definitely better than others but as an item that was historically privately donated from home not subject to contract inspections, we went with the idea that quantity over quality was needed.

While I did have 20 of the better quality red bags that I sold off to help pay for materials, I want to make it clear I am not going into the sutler business. I may have some for sale at future events I attend in person or pass some along to other vendors to sell but I am not taking orders nor developing a product line.

I'm merely taking advantage of the exceedingly warm and dry climate in Arizona and experimenting with different paint and fabric formulas for making enameled cloth. I simply find the ration bag a good design to turn the fabric into that fellows find useful.
    Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
    1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
    Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Re: USSC Ration Bags

I got one from you in Lousiana and I'm very pleased with it.
    Keep up the good work.

Boot.
    Nick S. Passey
    Great Britain
    B.G.R. and I.P.W. and Bummers survivor.

Comment

Thanks Troy,

I got one too and its even more cherished knowing where it came from.
      Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Indeed, I consider it a badge of honor that I won't hesitate retrieving at other events.
        Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
        Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
        Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
        <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
        <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Working...
        X