X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost...

I lost...

Nothing.

Everything I caried into Kisatachi in terms of clothing, accoutrements and personal items came out with me. That included several Temperance Readers that did not find their proper home with men beaten down by demon rum.
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Re: I lost...

So is this a thread to brag that you know how to pack your gear or to complain about the temperance necessary papers? I still mourn the absence of our drummer boys, left in New Orleans all with bloody disentary.

Brett "Homer" Keen
    Chicago
    [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Do you also call your doctor, to tell him that you're not sick? :wink_smil

Comment

Pete, I was hoping you would tell us you lost your fear of desiccated potatoes. After all, some of the fellows had absolutely no idea what to do with them!
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Heath View Post
          Pete, I was hoping you would tell us you lost your fear of desiccated potatoes. After all, some of the fellows had absolutely no idea what to do with them!
          I really don't get what is so difficult and confusing about them.

I couldn't make the event because of work but I still lost a couple of things in Kisatachi
          Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
          Civil War Digital Digest
          Sally Port Mess

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_Sullivan View Post
            That included several Temperance Readers that did not find their proper home with men beaten down by demon rum.
            Pete,

Those readers would have been a big hit if the boys had known they were thoroughly soaked in whiskey.

beaten down by demon rain,
            Joe Smotherman

Comment

I am bragging... I am also shaking my head at how much stuff got left, lost, stolen... So I figured I would lighten the mood a bit.

Hmmm Dessicated Potatoes... I was able to pick up a few extra rations of those too. But they probably won't last. They make a great, easy Sunday Morning breakfast of hash with leftover cured bacon and a little onion.
              Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Pete,

Just so you know, it makes the event organizers upset when you use the rations.
                Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_Sullivan View Post
                  Hmmm Dessicated Potatoes... I was able to pick up a few extra rations of those too. But they probably won't last. They make a great, easy Sunday Morning breakfast of hash with leftover cured bacon and a little onion.
                  Pete,

Yeppers! I can almost taste that salt pork hash from the fabulous 2nd Bull Run mobile NPS LH in 2006. Even Smotherman liked that tried and true field concoction. We never did find that last 1/4" of Ley's forefinger, but I digress. ;)

Let's see, 18 pounds of desiccated potatoes minus 2 pounds for the FS&O, then split threeways, with the companies receiving about 5 pounds each minus what dribbled on the ground, and that big kettle of cabbage and potato (yeah, that's where the 'taters came from) getting a touch of dried cubed spud goodness. Good stuff.

1. Eat 'em dry like parched corn.

2. Use them as is to retain the cubed shape and texture.

3. Pre-soak for mashed potatoes.

4. Watch Bobo run around looking for the last of the vinegar ration in hopes of making potato salad. Bobo, it was used in the boiled bovine Monday night.

We've worn out desiccated potatoes over the past few years. On to something else!
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Gallo de Cielo View Post
                    Pete,

Just so you know, it makes the event organizers upset when you use the rations.
                    I'm sorry Fred... I just got this thing for eating everything available to eat.
                    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Pete, Some folks lost their virginity. Me, I didn't lose anything and ate reasonably well. Sorry Fred.
                      Rob Murray

Comment

I have lost my tolerance for crappy events and poseur campaigners.
                        Andrew Grim
                        The Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Bh'oys

Burbank #406 F&AM
                        x-PBC, Co-Chairman of the Most Important Committee
                        Peter Lebeck #1866, The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
                        Billy Holcomb #1069, Order of Vituscan Missionaries

Comment

This thread is like a Seinfeld episode: It is about nothing and just continues to entertain.
                          Joe Smotherman

Comment

So, just tough it out and quit whinning about Pizza Hut not delivering to the middle of Kisatchie! Geez, some people!
                            Tom Yearby
                            Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by PogueMahone View Post
                              This thread is like a Seinfeld episode: It is about nothing and just continues to entertain.
                              Joe,

Update that by ten years at least. This thread is like a Flight of the Conchords episode, and even if we don't break out in folk songs ('cept Rob C.) I did hum a few bars of "Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor" from time to time during ITPW.

The remaining farina will be recyled at an upcoming event in 3 weeks. Just sayin'.
                              [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X