Missing cartridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing cartridges

The European company of which I was one had a good many cartridges left in a box on the wagon at the close of the event. In all the haste and confusion of the last day, we lost track of them. Obviously it would not of been possible for us to return home with them, but we could of stored them with a friend in the U.S. for use at future events.
    It's always difficult and expensive arranging for cartridges, so it would be really usefull to have these left overs rounds on hand. There is probably in excess of fifty packs all told @ $8/pack.
    Does anyone know where they might be ?

Boot.
    Nick S. Passey
    Great Britain
    B.G.R. and I.P.W. and Bummers survivor.

Re: Missing cartridges

Nick,

The 24th Iowa battalion ammunition load was moved by company box from the wagons to the large outhouse for protection against the weather Friday morning. Individuals and companies were able to draw their ammunition, if they wished to do so. I assume a number of those arsenal packs were also abandoned, and adopted by new claimants once the companies secured their boxes.

I do not know what the confederates did with their ammunition at the end of the event.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Re: Missing cartridges

Our's were all in the same box and none of us reclaimed any.

Boot.
      Nick S. Passey
      Great Britain
      B.G.R. and I.P.W. and Bummers survivor.

Comment

Working...
      X