21st Missouri Co.I (Union)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21st Missouri Co.I (Union)

Just to clear up one thing the 21st Missouri is a Union regiment.

Just so people aren't confused!
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: 21st Missouri Co.I (Union)

I am really looking forward to this event. My Great-Great-Grandfather David B. Cravens fought in the 21st Co. I for three years discharging the day before the Battle of Nashville. From Scotland County Missouri. He was a farmer and also was elected the first vice-president of the "21st Missouri Veteran Volunteer Infantry Association."

David Cravens
    "Hog"
    Hairy Nation Boys

Comment

Re: 21st Missouri Co.I (Union)

The average age of Co. I enlisted men was 24 years of age with 11 not reported. This was out of a company of 106 men. Average age of officers from Captains down was was 26 with seven not reported. By my estimates 95% of the men were from Scotland County. Memphis is the county seat. The oldest reported private in Co. I was 56 with the youngest being 14. We need to take into consideration that this regiment was not known for its adherence to strict discipline. On the way to Pittsburg Landing they were reprimanded by U.S. Grant for taking pot shots at civilians along the route. This was via the Mississippi River aboard the Die Vernon. These men were also part of A.J. Smith's "Guerillas". A long and storied regiment. Shiloh, Corinth, Tupelo, Nashville and other campaigns in the western theatre kept them on the move and of course chasing Price into Missouri.

David B. Cravens
      (Greg Colvin)
      Hairy Nation Boys

Comment

Re: 21st Missouri Co.I (Union) Command Structure

Gentlemen

I would like to anounce who will be leading the men of Company I into the town of Gray Summit. Your officers and Sgt's are

Captain Jason Reinholz
        1st Lt. John Wickett
        2nd Lt. Andy Ackert

Orderly Sgt. Scott Busenbark "Boozie"
        2ns Sgt. Harrison Holloway "Holler"

We are still filling some of the Cpl positions and will probably add a 3rd Sgt as the registrations roll in. I can promise the men of Company I one thing. We will work together in a military fashion. Co. I was not made up of a bunch of fresh recruits. They fought with distinctions at Athens and Shiloh. I expect every soldier to follow orders of their officers and NCO's. I can not stress this enough, first person will be maintained for the weekend.

Civllians who pledge their loyalty to Old Abe will be treated with respect and their property will be protected. Those who refuse to take the oath will be dealt with appropriately. Our job is to push Price out and that is what we will do. More information will be given out soon and members of Company I will be receiving regular emails with event updates.

Register now for this unique opportunity and help bring law to those sesech in Missouri who have not seen the folly of their ways.

Jason Reinholz
        Capt. Abraham Flemming
        Co. I, 21st Missouri (US)

Comment

Working...
        X