S.Ingram Photographic Artist @ Lost Tribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.Ingram Photographic Artist @ Lost Tribes

I am happy to announce that Stephen Ingram will be setting up his studio to take images. Make sure you bring your money and have your image struck!

To see an example of his fine work check out his website or look at my album. The portrait of my wife, and the two of us together was struck by Mr.Ingram.

Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: S.Ingram Photographic Artist @ Lost Tribes

Steve Ingram's work is first rate. He's also a super nice guy. He'll be a great addition to the event. There will actually be another tintypist at the event as well; you probably know Doug Harding (I think he posts as Majordoug here.)

I thought I'd take this opportunity to talk about the village in a little more detail, especially for those who haven't seen it yet. It's a beautiful site deep in the Missouri countryside. There are rolling hills, fields, and woods all around, with very few modern intrusions. Once you're inside the village, the modern world slips away. We've been fortunate to build a good relationship with the site administration (Lindenwood University.) They're very interested in authenticity and historic education, so they're accommodating on all levels.

The village is nestled in the little valley between Daniel Boone's last home and the historic Femme Osage River. Depending on rainfall, the Femme Osage is usually a creek these days. All the buildings are early 19th century structures, and they include -- besides several homes -- a working summer kitchen, a carpenter's shop, a printer's shop (we will have two functioning telegraph machines to send and receive messages), a beautiful church, a schoolhouse, and a well-stocked mercantile. All businesses will appreciate the custom of civilians and soldiers alike, who will pay for their purchases with period money. We have newspapers, a mail service, a dressmaker's shop (where soldiers can buy gifts for their ladies at home), a grist mill, and other professions. There will be an Inn serving excellent fare, run by Captain and Mrs. Sorchy. I hope others will chime in with their own impressions.

To the best of my knowledge, this kind of event hasn't been tried before -- a Union occupation of a divided town. Considering the many unpredictable & even dangerous elements that could play a role, this should be an exciting experience for everyone.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

How much would it cost to have a picture done?
      Kenny Pavia
      24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Since the script is only for military personal and the citizens only have credit at Mrs. Brenton's establishment, would it be possible to set up some sort of arrangement for us to have our pictures made? Could we purchase script to cover the cost of a photograph?
        Mary Warren

Comment

I've written to Steve, directing him to this thread & asking him to respond. I'm sure he'll be willing to work something out. The main thing is to do it privately & in a period correct manner.
          [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
          [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

I just got this from Steve about prices.

"My normal tintype prices are $20, $30 and $40 for 1/6, 1/4 and 1/2 plates. I also can do prints from the plates, and those prices are $10 for a 5x7 and $20 for an 8x10. I need to take the plate home with me in order to get copies of the plates made. I mail the plate and the prints out when finished."
            Last edited by Hairy Nation Boys; 07-27-2009, 06:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
            X