Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldiers and their Money!!!

Gentlemen

Now that I have your attention I want to explain how purchasing items during the weekend is going to work. Modern money will not be accepted from either the store or the tintypist during the event. You will be able to purchase federal script from myself in the federal camp on Friday night. The exchange rate, unless it changes closer to the event, is

$1 modern dollar = 10 period cents.

In the store if something is selling for $50 it will be marked as $5 period script. If there is something you would like to sell at the store please PM either myself or Holler with the details. Nobody is making money of this exchange rate it is only in place to take the sight of modern money from the event.

You will only be able to use the script given at the event for this event. If you are left over with any money at the end of the event you can either re-exchange it for your modern money or donate it to the college.

Some lucky soldiers will randomly be given money that they can use at the event. And remember, fellas combine your money to buy that tobacco etc... If you have any questions please PM or email me or Holler and we will try to answer your questions.

Jason Reinholz
    Capt. Abraham Flemming
    Co. I, 21st Missouri (US)

Re: Soldiers and their Money!!!

Just as a comment, this is a really cool idea!
    Andrew Gale

21st Arkansas Vol. Inf. Co. H
    Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
    Affiliated Conscripts Mess

Cpl. George Washington Pennington, 171st Penn. Co. K
    Mustered into service: Aug. 27, 1862
    Captured: Spottsylvania Court House, Virginia, May 12, 1864
    Died: Andersonville Prison, Georgia, Sept. 13, 1864
    sigpic

Comment

We thought people would enjoy this. It is the little things that make an event.
      Nathan Hellwig
      AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
      "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

To all the civilians and officers that will be partaking at the Inn, the registration money you pay for food will be used for the purpose of food at the Inn. You will be given period script to purchase meals at the site. If a person is hard up fiancially for food I will accept labor for food. This has to be worked out with me ahead of time though and the chores must be done to get fed. I could use two wayward souls that are down on theeir luck to help prep things, get wood and water and help clean pots and dishes. If interested let me know well ahead of time and we will work it out.
        Cheers
        Terry Sorchy
        Proprietor of Smiths Inn on the Green

Comment

I wanted to back up & clarify Holler's and Terry's posts. The script will only be used by military personnel; civilians will be on the usual credit arrangement at the mercantile. We usually sell and buy our goods through the mercantile on account. Civilians should talk with Tintypist Steve Ingram individually to make arrangements for payment.

About Terry's Inn: since he has to have the money in hand in order to purchase the right amount of food, we send him the food money about two weeks before the event. So, everyone who wants to eat in the Inn: please make sure you've paid your registration on time. The final deadline for civi registrations is September 23. As I'm sure everyone will understand, it would really help to have a final list of registrants far in advance.
          [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
          [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

So, when we rob a store, inn, brothel, etc. we just say "charge it"?
            Tom Yearby
            Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

How much good whiskey can a man buy in exchange for a yankee soldier? How about for a yankee officer? Does the mercantile store sell hemp rope? Are there hickory trees around Boonesville?
              Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
              Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm more concerned with having a good solid oak around. There's plenty of hemp rope to be found elsewhere.

OX

Comment

Working...
                X