great new items for preservation raffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great new items for preservation raffle

I'm very pleased to announce that we have a few more items for our preservation raffle from some of the best people in our hobby.

Justin Morris has kindly offered to donate some items from his Carter & Jasper Mercantile to our preservation raffle. As you know, his merchandise is of superior quality and authenticity. Carter & Jasper will also be consigning stock for Deborah Hyland's mercantile. More details to come soon.

I also learned this morning that Karin Timour will offer a pair of her excellent hand-knit socks for our preservation raffle. Those of you who are familiar with her products know her fine workmanship. Karin will also be consigning hand woven scarves and hats to the mercantile.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: great new items for preservation raffle

I just wanted to bump this post, there will be a preservation raffle at Lost Tribes. There will be some good prizes both civilian and military. To all who are coming to Lost Tribes, bring a little cash for chances on the raffle. If anyone would like to donate an item to the raffle , please send me a pm. The proceeds will go to the Athens Battlefield in Missouri. If anyone has a piece of clothing or gear they do not use and would like to add to the raffle, feel free to bring it. Thanks, and I'll see you there.
    Robert Gobtop
    Ol Sipley Mess
    ONV
    Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Folks:

The last time I was able to get this far West was for Corinth in 2005. When Silvana offered space at the mercantile for some knit goods, I was thrilled. Some really pretty hats and a range of handwoven scarves. Stop by the mercantile and eye them, even if you're not in the market as it may be some time before I get another opportunity like this to send things out your way.

Always thrilled to make a pair of socks for preservation -- the winner gets his choice of the socks I make, custom made for his feet.

Sincerely,
      Karin Timour
      Period Knitting -- Socks, Sleeping Hats, Balaclavas
      Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
      Email: Ktimour@aol.com

Comment

The raffle will be held on Sunday right after the event. To add a twist to the raffle we will have the winner pick the item they want until all items are gone. If you are picked first, you have your pick on any of the items available. There will be a W & W confederate jean blanket available, a vest made for the winner by Fred Baker. Items from Don Smith of TMD. These are just a few items to be raffled, there are more, and items geared towards civilians as well. The proceeds will go towards the Athens Battlefield. See you there.
        Robert Gobtop
        Ol Sipley Mess
        ONV

Comment

Rob, isn't the preservation money going to markers for soldiers' graves? That is a good cause.

In that spirit, I'd like to say that I just opened the box of Karin Timour's hats and scarves. Once again I am stunned by the quality and craftsmanship. You all must buy tickets for the raffle! Winning a pair of Karin's hand knitted socks would be a great reward for helping preserve an important historic site.
          [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]

Comment

The money is going to the Battle of Athens site. Hopefully with the funds raised the site will put markers at different points of the battle.

You can buy tickets all day Friday.
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I received a painted ground cloth by Tim Ruyle for the raffle today. Thanks Tim! Tim makes great items at very reasonable prices.
              Robert Gobtop
              Ol Sipley Mess
              ONV

Comment

The raffle prizes sound wonderful. How much are tickets?

Nanci Gasiel
                Nanci Gasiel

Comment

Tickets are $5.00 each and will be available for sale before the event (just contact Holler or Rob Gobtop) and at Lost Tribes on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                  X