Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co. I, 21st Missouri Communication

Gentleman of Company I

I sent the first communication for the company today. If you received it and have not yet registered you need to do so NOW. Holler knows where you live. If you are registered and did not receive it please let me know.

If you would like to attend the event and get a chance to put Missouri properly back into the Union, please go ahead and register and you will start receiving groups information. And remember men, bring your silver polish to the event. After we take all the silverware and place sets we wouldn't want to use them in a dirty state now would we.

I am still missing Sean Collicott's email. If you have a working email for Sean please let me know.

Jason Reinholz
    Capt. Abraham Flemming
    Co. I, 21st Missouri (US)

Re: Co. I, 21st Missouri Communication

Didn't realize Missouri ever left the Union, but that the Federal government over-reached its constitutional powers and usurped the powers of the state, so you black republicans, thieves and murders of innocents , and other such white trash could justify your actions against the good citizens of the state! Missouri will resume its proper place in the Union when all of you are hanging from a tree or floating face down in the Missouri River.

I hope the good citizens of Missouri, and especially Gray's Summit read the yankee commanders words closely where he implies that he will take your property for use by his vandals and realize who your friends are and who they aren't.
    Last edited by Old Reb; 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM.
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Well, Tom, Missouri did pass an Act of Secession. It just depends on who you talk to whether or not it actually seceded or not. Some long- winded arguments have been carried on about that very question. If you want my opinion about whether we seceded or not, ask me sometime - I'm not as long-winded as some others. But, anyway, we did have men in the Confederate Congress. And some flags had a star to represent Missouri on them.

I reckon the boys that fought in the Missouri Brigade, Jo Shelby and others figured they had seceded.

Great Civil War history in Missouri. What a place - I love it!
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Micahel,
        I was in character in my above post, and now you go a correcting me. In truth, I think the yankees should burn St. Louis to the ground, but since I will be pretending to be a Missouri bushwhacker for the event, I was just stirring the population against the yankees. So, I will go back to plotting against all my enemies, both real and imaginary! Geez!
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

I went back and did a quick read of whether Missouri actually left the union or not. I will leave that for others to decide. I will say, it is an interesting subject and I do know the Confederate Capital of Missouri was located at Marshal, Texas. I realize that there were folks from Missouri in the Federal Army and the Confederate Army, and there had been Missouri folks in the Missouri State Guard, and there were folks in the Missouri Milita (Pro Union). That said, and whether Missouri did or didn't leave the Union, I still urge the good citizens of Gray's Summit to realize who there friend are and who they aren't.:)
          Tom Yearby
          Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Missouri was only one of two states in the Union that boasted two governments -- the regular, pro-Union one in Jefferson City and a rebel legislature and Governor (Claiborne Jackson, who was dead by the time of the Lost Tribes events). By 1864 even the most die-hard pro-secesh Missourians must have realized that the game was up, since the rebel government was by now in exile in Texas and poor old Governor Jackson had died, leaving his Lt. Gov Reynolds in place. To the best of my knowledge, there were very few rebel legislators left by 1864. But the pro-rebel government carried on in exile until the very end of the war.

As Mr. Hill has demonstrated, there were enough slave-owners in Franklin County to suggest that the town wasn't entirely pro-Union. It'll be interesting to see who signs that loyalty oath, who refuses to sign it, and who signs it but doesn't mean it ...

edited to add: the other state with two governments was Maryland.
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
            [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
            [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

To answer the good captain's post, I am registered but I did not receive an email today. My email is kennethpavia@gmail.com
              Last edited by KPavia; 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: Add my email
              Kenny Pavia
              24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

I just sent you an e-mail with Sean copied so you can get his e-mail.
                Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                Civil War Digital Digest
                Sally Port Mess

Comment

Every Confederate battle flag with 13 stars...........has Missouri's star on it. (along with Ky).

Nothing you didn't know already.

Joe Walker

Comment

As per yer charachterization,

We realize Tom, We also remember who stole what from whom, and when, Its not always the likes of Leeper that would be callous, cruel or thieving but even your ilk and breed, Bolin Brothers ,Hotzclaw or Hidebrand now Yearby. I am sure the Good people of Grays Summit have had their share of Misery on both sides of the coin.
                    Now some folks in Town probably have relatives or even relations with said "Partisan" fighters of the cause. Some want hide nor hair of ya.
                    Just don't trickle down my back.I already know its cloudy outside..... Wink
                    Warren Hook
                    First Sibley Mess
                    New Madrid Guards
                    WIG

"...And to Missouri we
                    Extend both heart and hand
                    And welcome her a sister
                    Of our Confederate band
                    Tho surrounded by oppression
                    No one dare deter
                    Her adding to our Bonnie Blue Flag
                    Her bright and twelfth star! "

Lyrics, Bonnie Blue Flag, by Harry McCarthy, 1861.

Comment

I think the secesh governor and the pro-union governor should have had to duke it out: mano-a-mano to see which way it went. Its too confusing to have two governments shouting it out.

I mean, Governor Jackson ran off, but who gave the Feds the right to select a new governor? Not the Constitution, heh.

They should have had a wrestling match between the two governors to decide it. :)

My .02
                      Ron Mueller
                      Illinois
                      New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
                      Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
                      Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Keep in mind that Gov. Gamble died January 31st, 1864. This was a direct result from a fall he sustained on December 16th of 63' on the icy front steps of the Governor's mansion. He actually broke the same arm twice! Lt. Governor Hall then assumed his duties. Also we need to talk about the Governor's race going on in the fall of 64' between General Thomas L. Price and Col. Fletcher the Radical candidate. And yes, I do love the beautiful state of Missouri and her rich history more than anyone will ever know. Three cheers for Missouri!!!

Greg Colvin
                        great-great-Grandson of David Bramwell Cravens
                        Company I 21st Missouri
                        Hairy Nation

Comment

Originally posted by Cravens View Post
                          Keep in mind that Gov. Gamble died January 31st, 1864. This was a direct result from a fall he sustained on December 16th of 63' on the icy front steps of the Governor's mansion. He actually broke the same arm twice! Lt. Governor Hall then assumed his duties.
                          That is good to know. The wikipedia article on Hamilton Rowan Gamble says that he broke his arm sitcking it out the window of a train and died from the infection. You can always trust wikipedia, right?:wink_smil

The article on his successor, Willard Preble Hall, says that Gamble died from complications of a fall, so maybe that article is more accurate. In any event, all us civilians should know who the govenor is, even a ne'er-do-well banjo player:D
                          [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

I would say that Company I just had a whole lot more trouble dumped on it.
                            Patrick Landrum
                            Independent Rifles

Comment

Patrick,
                              You will make good a good black republican, white trash scoundrel that mans the scum of Missouri that wars against women and children. Good, indeed!
                              Tom Yearby
                              Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Working...
                              X