Lost Tribes updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Tribes updates

Registration even though reg is still open (technically) until September 23, we're very close to full. If you are sure you're coming, and you're on the invitation list, please do get your registration in as soon as you possibly can.

Parking: Federals will park at the Van Bibber site, which is a small collection of historic buildings about a half mile from the village. Holler will explain that to you. Civilians and everyone else: you'll park at the entrance to the village on the lower lot, facing toward the covered bridge. If you're not sure you've parked in the right place, find me & I'll get you fixed up. You can drive into the village to unload until Friday night; after that all vehicles are banned from the village until the event closes on Sunday.

Fires and firewood: the site administration does provide firewood for all the structures, but please be frugal and remember that these chimneys are 170 to 200 years old. I've been asked to relay to everyone that fires should be modest. Start with a small fire to condition the chimney and then build it up gradually, -- just big enough to cook your meals.

Mercantile: don't forget, regular village residents pay on a credit system; federal soldiers will pay with scrip. Don't forget to call for your mail at the mercantile. You can also send letters to Gray Summit ahead of time (pm me if you would like to do that.) Mrs. Brenton will carry her usual array of candies and treats, as well as clothing, paper and pencils, tobacco, and many other useful items. If you want to consign some items, please contact Deborah.

Candles and Lanterns: please put your candles into period appropriate lanterns. Open flames can be dangerous. You can borrow lanterns from the big barn at the entrance from the village, to use throughout the event, but we ask that you clean your lanterns before returning them. There will probably be extra candles available in some of the buildings, but please bring your own as well.

Please bear in mind that the village only charges a fee of $7.50 per participant, which pays for candles, firewood, sanitation, water, etc.

Meals at the Inn. Terry (a/k/a Capt. Smith) will serve 4 meals: Sat. breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and Sun. breakfast. If you're arriving early, you will want to bring your own food to tide you over. Terry told me that he can take a few more customers; if anyone else wants to eat at the Inn, please get your money to him as soon as possible.

Friday Evening Pot Luck Social: We will have an informal social on Friday night in the Carpenter shop. Please dress out as soon as you're unloaded & have your car parked in the lot. If you could bring a little something to share, that would be great. Everyone is welcome at the social.

The event goes "live" as soon as people are dressed out and the cars are out of the village. Please remember that everyone is to be addressed in first person at all times until the event is over.

If you have any questions about any of this, please let me know. Thanks!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: Lost Tribes updates

Federal registration is closed.

Company I updates will be sent by e-mail.

If you have any questions e-mail me: headlog@gmail.com
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
    X