Going live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going live

Here are a few more updates. It's funny, you know, now that we have everyone on board and registered suddenly the folder has gone quiet. I know there's a lot of plotting and counter-plotting going on, all of it top secret, but I kind of liked it when we were throwing slings and arrows in public.

Anyway -- random updates:

Going live: The event begins unofficially on Thursday whenever people arrive at the village, but it's not officially live until Friday night. Because some people are coming from great distances we can't set a precise time for that; just know that as soon as you are unpacked and all your modern gear is out of the village, you will be a resident of Gray Summit in 1864. Individual households will probably be in immersion mode as soon as they arrive, but as you know there will be public in the village until Friday noonish, one-ish, give or take. There's a special tour for Veterans on Friday morning; if you'd like to be there for that to show some support, feel free.

Immersion: Technically we can't guarantee immersion until Friday at noon, but individual people will want to get started as soon as they arrive. So please address everyone in first person the moment you are dressed out. Everyone has agreed to dress out as soon as they have unpacked & parked their vehicles.

Newspapers: those of you who have been to the village in the past know that there are several newspapers available for sale at the Mercantile. The Rolla papers (for Oct. 1, 1864) will be on sale, as well as the Gray Summit Star of the West, which contains local news, advertisements, and miscellanea. Anyone who has an advertisement or news item for the Star should contact the editor.

Friday night supper: To much acclaim, Terry Sorchy and his better half Nancy have just announced that they will open their Inn on Friday night. That meal is open to all. For various logistical reasons, Terry will take modern money in payment for the Friday supper. Some of you have already paid for that meal -- pls note the reg list as posted on the group yahoo list.

Pro-Union civilians: if you are proud of your pro-Union stance and want to be assured that you will be known for your loyalties, then please wear a cockade. That will assure the occupying army that you are to be trusted.

Photographers: just to be clear, for Mr. Ingram's images, soldiers may pay with scrip, village residents will make their own arrangements for payment. If anyone wants to have their image made, please try to make your appointments with the photographers early in the weekend. Maj. Harding has asked me to let everyone know that it can take a long time to pack up the equipment, so the last image should be struck no later than noon on Sunday.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: Going live

"Pro-Union civilians: if you are proud of your pro-Union stance and want to be assured that you will be known for your loyalties, then please wear a cockade. That will assure the occupying army that you are to be trusted."

Good idea. Will the cockades be the same color or design so they are distinguished from non Union cockades?
    Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett

Comment

I hope the pro-Union citizens wear their cockades Friday night. It will make things so much easier than simply killing everyone and hoping we get it right.
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
        I hope the pro-Union citizens wear their cockades Friday night. It will make things so much easier than simply killing everyone and hoping we get it right.

LOL. OMG!! You are a hoot, sir.
        Annette Bethke
        Austin TX
        Civil War Texas Civilian Living History
        [URL="http://www.txcwcivilian.org"]www.txcwcivilian.org[/URL]

Comment

Lawrence was a pretty little town. Too bad we didn't get to stay longer! Gray Summit is a pretty little town. Wear those pro-Union cockades and we'll see how pretty it is after our visit!
          Tom Yearby
          Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Working...
          X