Two Exclusives at the Lost Tribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Exclusives at the Lost Tribes

Two New Knit Goods have their Exclusive Debut at Lost Tribes!

First Exclusive!

Natural Sheep's Gray Scarves
    Some of you have seen the handwoven scarves that I've started offering. I've got a friend who is a weaver and she's been suppling me with beautiful scarves. For a few years now I've wanted to have a really handsome natural gray, and looked high and low for a worthy yarn. The first of the run will be offered at Lost Tribes. In addition to the gray scarves, Brenton's General Merchandise will also have in stock dark red, dark blue, dark brown and dark emerald green. All scarves are 10 inches wide and a minimum of 60 inches long (not including fringe), though some are a few inches longer.

Be forewarned, Brenton's will only have four of each color. Scarves will be $3.50 in period scrip.

Second Exclusive!

Hat with Southern Ingenuity
    As the War dragged on, wool got scarce in the Southern and border states. I've been researching what women were spinning into their small stores of wool fleece to extend it to get more yarn with at least some of the qualities of wool, even if it wasn't 100% wool. After experiments with some intriguing possibilities, commissioned a few suppliers to make me small runs of yarn. I then knitted up a few items and had some volunteers "beta test" them in field to see if they performed well.

The first of these options is ready to go into production. At Lost Tribes, one of the hats on offer has a small amount of linen fiber spun into the wool. This is an unworn hat, not one of the used "beta tester" ones. It's the gray hat with the blue/green stripe and tassel. The blue/green yarn in the stripe has linen mixed in -- the gray part of the hat is 100% wool.

In addition to this hat, there are four others on offer (all made out of 100% wool, and hand knit by me). Hats will be $6.50 in period scrip.

1. Dark gray with dark red stripes and tassel
    2. Maroon with black stripes and tassel
    3. Dark blue and black stripes and tassel
    4. Emerald green tam with black stripe around the edge and a small black star in the middle.

While I won't be at Lost Tribes in person, I'm very happy to have been able to debut these items in the West.

And don't forget, there's the offer to knit you a pair of socks on offer in the preservation raffle. You've got to be in it to win it!

Sincerely,
    Karin Timour
    Period Knitting -- Socks, Sleeping Hats, Balaclavas
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    Email: Ktimour@aol.com

Re: Two Exclusives at the Lost Tribes

I'm really excited about these handmade goods; I've been admiring Karin's work (both the research and craft aspects) for some years. I'm delighted to know that we will be able to premiere her new work at Gray Summit. I'm sure the response will be overwhelming.

I also wanted to assure everyone that both military and civilian folks will be able to purchase these scarves at the store, either with scrip or on our credit system. If you run out of scrip, you must sweet-talk the proprietress into extending credit to you. Those who can't come to LT can probably ask a friend to purchase a scarf or hat for you.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

Working...
    X